- For the Warcraft III ability of the same name, see Blood Mage (Warcraft III)#Flame Strike. For the sword with the same name, see .
- "What's betta den fire? More fire, mon!" —Ta'zo
Tips and Tactics
- Flamestrike is best used against several enemies that are closely stacked together, especially when talented into . However, due to its long cast time, it shouldn't be casted unless is up. Cast when Hot Streak activates instead of when this occurs.
- causes Flamestrike to leave behind a ground effect, burning enemies for additional damage over 8 seconds.
- allows the next Flamestrike to be instant cast and doubles its Ignite damage.
- gives Flamestrike casts a chance to reactivate Hot Streak.
- Flamestrike is one of the spells available to the Kael'thas and Blood Mage hero units in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Flamestrike is a basic Mage spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "When the ground is on fire, you should not stop, drop, and roll."
- Flamestrike is one of Kael'thas' Basic Abilities in Heroes of the Storm. Unlike its Warcraft III and WoW counterparts, it leaves no burning area after the initial explosion.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Snare effect reduced to 20%, down from 50%. Spell power co-efficient reduced to 57.5% (was 271.4%).
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Base mana cost reduced to 2.5%, down from 3%. Spell power co-efficient increased.
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Flamestrike now deals 90% damage in PvP situations (was 100%)."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage increased by 27%.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 15%. Now available at level 20, down from level 44.
- Hotfix (2016-08-09): "Flamestrike does not consume Hot Streak when Hot Streak is gained during the cast of Flamestrike."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19):
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Flamestrike damage increased by 50%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Fire mages. Once again triggers Ignite. Now only causes additional periodic damage to targets struck by initial damage, rather than leaving a persistent ground effect.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): New spell animation.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now deals 100% more initial damage. Periodic damage remains unchanged.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now has a 12 sec cooldown, and slows enemies struck by the initial damage by 50%. New spell animation. No longer triggers Ignite.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now trainable at level 44, up from level 16.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Some ranks of this spell had an incorrect cast time of 3 seconds. All ranks now share a 2-second cast time.