- For the Warcraft III ability of the same name, see Blood Mage (Warcraft III)#Flame Strike. For the sword with the same name, see .
- "What's betta den fire? More fire, mon!" —Ta'zo
- Flamestrike is best used against several enemies that are closely stacked together, especially when talented into . However, due to its long cast time, it shouldn't be casted unless is up. Cast when Hot Streak activates instead of when this occurs.
- , an artifact trait causes Flamestrike to call down an additional pillar of fire every time it is cast.
- , an artifact trait, increases Flamestrike's damage by 5% per rank (Three initial ranks, up to six ranks possible).
- causes Flamestrike to leave behind a ground effect, burning enemies for additional damage over 8 seconds.
- allows the next Flamestrike to be instant cast.
- , an honor talent, reduces the cast time of Flamestrike by 2.5 seconds and increases its damage by 30%.
- Flamestrike is one of the spells available to the Kael'thas and Blood Mage hero units in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Flamestrike is a basic Mage spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "When the ground is on fire, you should not stop, drop, and roll."
- Flamestrike is one of Kael'thas' Basic Abilities in Heroes of the Storm. Unlike in Warcraft III and WoW, it leaves no burning area after the initial explosion.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Flamestrike now deals 90% damage in PvP situations (was 100%)."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 15%.
- Hotfix (2016-08-09): "Flamestrike does not consume Hot Streak when Hot Streak is gained during the cast of Flamestrike."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Base cast time increased to 4 seconds, up from 2. Now affected by . No longer causes additional damage over time. Cooldown removed. New spell animation.
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Flamestrike damage increased by 50%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Fire mages. Now procs Ignite.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): New spell animation.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now deals 100% more initial damage. Periodic damage remains unchanged.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now has a 12 sec cooldown, and slows enemies struck by the initial damage by 50%. New spell animation.