- For the Molten Core mob, see .
Medium Outsider (Fire)
' forces (Old Gods' forces)
Sulfuron Keep (presumed)
Flamewakers are a race of ruthless serpentine creatures that serve the Firelord. They dwell mostly in the Firelands and the Molten Core. Ferocious and terrifying, flamewakers are among the most feared elemental guardians in the Firelands.
Few of these fiery harbingers remain following Ragnaros' defeat in the Firelands.
|Former Majordomo of the Firelands, ' second-in-command||Deceased-Killable||Molten Core|
|Lieutenant of Flame||Killable||Ragnaros' Reach, Molten Front|
|Gatekeeper of Sulfuron Spire||Killable||Sulfuron Spire, Mount Hyjal|
|Leader of the Dark Iron dwarves in the Searing Gorge||Killable||Slag Pit, Searing Gorge|
|Member of the Abyssal Council||Removed||Silithus|
|Ambassador to the Dark Iron clan||Killable||Chamber of Enchantment, Blackrock Depths|
|The Unbreakable; portal guardian in the Flamewake||Killable||Flamewake, Mount Hyjal|
|Low-ranking flamewaker overseer||Killable||Molten Core|
|Rival of Gehennas||Killable||Molten Core|
|Twilight's Hammer forgemaster||Killable||Firelands Forgeworks, Mount Hyjal|
|Brawler's Guild gladiator, master of flame||Killable||Bizmo's Brawlpub, Deeprun Tram; Brawl'gar Arena|
|Flamewaker bound to the Blackblade and Bleakblade of Shahram||Alive|
|Chief hunter and kennel master of Ragnaros' hell hounds||Killable||Firelands|
|Master of the arcane||Killable||Molten Core|
|Member of the Abyssal Council||Removed||Silithus|
|Herald of||Killable||Molten Core|
As a companion pet
- Main article: Mark of Flame
has a chance to drop from in Molten Core.
In the TCGThis section contains information taken from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game and expansion sets which is considered non-canon.
Flamewakers dwell mostly in the Firelands, but many followed Ragnaros when he was summoned into Azeroth during the War of the Three Hammers, and consequently took to dwelling in the Molten Core. Among the ranks of the flamewakers, overseers and their guards constantly jockeyed for a higher status in the elemental hierarchy in the hopes of winning the Firelord's favor.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Flamewakers are ruthless servants of . Little is known about flamewakers. They are creatures not purely of fire. They are fiery elementals, but their bodies are flesh and blood. A flamewaker has a humanoid torso with long muscular arms which rests on a serpentine body; the creature's elongated head has a distinctively demonic quality. Its body is mostly covered with yellow or red scales, though a broad strip of grayish scales runs from its chest down the front of its body. Thick spikes range from 1 to 3 feet long protrude from its shoulders, arms, and tail. They are stated to be "outsiders, not humanoids".
Most flamewakers dwell in the Firelands of the Elemental Plane, though some live in Azeroth's Blackrock Depths, including . A number of flamewakers live within Blackrock Mountain. Many of the bosses in Molten Core are Flamewakers, including ' chief lieutenant . They are unwavering servants of Ragnaros the Firelord. They form a rigid society in the fiery regions of the Elemental Plane, ruled by a monarch who in turn answers only to Ragnaros. Some believe that flamewakers are immortal, but this is not the case. While they can live for one or two millennia, eventually their fiery bodies burn out and they expire.
Flamewakers are highly intelligent, so they use sophisticated tactics and strategies. A group of flamewakers commonly spreads out to prevent area attacks from hitting too many. They try to divide their opponents, such as through the use of dominate monster or firestorm cast between opposing forces. Meanwhile, those flamewakers that engage in melee slowly retreat to draw away attackers, while other flamewakers wait to engage in flanking positions. A flamewaker generates so much heat that its mere touch deals additional fire damage. Flamewakers' metallic weapons (such as a flamewaker's quarterstaff) also conduct this heat.
An adventuring flamewaker is an unknown sight; no flamewakers have ever left Ragnaros's dominion for other pursuits. However, Ragnaros may send flamewakers out from the Blackrock Depths for his own purposes. These flamewakers may appear to be adventurers, and such a flamewaker may join forces with an adventuring party if he thinks doing so furthers his task. A flamewaker who leaves the Firelands or the Blackrock Depths must remain near a source of heat (such as a volcano) or use magic to maintain its fiery temperature. Adventuring flamewakers usually wear specially crafted magic amulets to maintain their temperatures. Though it has never happened, the possibility exists that a flamewaker could forsake Ragnaros and his people and move out into Azeroth for a life of adventure. Such a life is probably short. Flamewakers have a demonic appearance and an evil reputation, so other races are likely to give them a cold reception. In addition, the outcast's flamewaker brethren and Ragnaros's other servants — such as Dark Iron dwarves and fire elementals would hunt him, with orders to destroy him on sight.
- "Flamewaker" is often misspelled as "Flamewalker" by players.
- Flamewakers use the same skeleton, animations and combat sounds as naga.
- It was once commonly theorized by fans that flamewakers were the result of Dark Iron dwarves being transformed in a similar way to the naga. However, both the Warcraft RPG and the teaser page for the Molten Core raid deck from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (both considered non-canon) state that the flamewakers are native to the Elemental Plane, and were summoned to Azeroth by Ragnaros to attend their master. In canon lore, this notion is supported by the Silithus quests to summon the fire elemental , an and a flamewaker, from the Elemental Plane, as well as the large numbers of flamewakers present in the Firelands.
- The flamewaker model is named salamander, and flamewakers appear to be largely based on the salamanders of Dungeons & Dragons. Like the flamewakers, DnD's salamanders are half-serpentine, half-humanoid creatures from the elemental plane of fire that are often depicted with horns.
- Flamewaker's Battlegear, the hunter tier 12 armor set, is named and modeled after the flamewakers.
A flamewaker in the TCG.
- ^ Kaivax 2011-04-28. Patch 4.2 Preview: The Firelands - WoW. Retrieved on 2017-09-26.
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for
- ^ a b c World of Warcraft Molten Core. Archived from the original on 2009-01-04. Retrieved on 2017-09-25.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide, 154. ISBN 9781588469366.
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide, 73. ISBN 9781588469366.
- ^ Dark Factions, pg 42
- ^ Johnson, Luke. Dark Factions, 41. ISBN 9781588464460.
- ^ a b Johnson, Luke. Dark Factions, 42-43. ISBN 9781588464460.