Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- "One's spirit can be focused to a point more deadly than the sharpest blade." —Tome of Divine Right
Focused Will is a passive level 34 Discipline and Holy priest ability. Upon receiving any melee attack, it grants a 15% damage reduction buff lasting 8 seconds. This effect stacks up to 2 times for a potential 30% damage reduction buff.
- Focused Will is a rare Priest talent card in the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game's Blood of Gladiators series.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now only applies to melee attacks.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now triggers from any damage taken instead of being limited to being the victim of any damage above 10% of total health or being critically hit by non-periodic attacks.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks. Now a passive for Holy Priests, as well as Discipline Priests.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Re-added.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now procs when priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now Tier 6 and 2 ranks talent, down from Tier 7 and 3 Ranks. Whenever you are victim of an attack equal to damage greater than 10% of your total health, you gain Focused Will reducing all damage taken by 4/6% lasting for 8 sec. Stacks up to 2 times. It also has a new icon. Old icon:
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now increases spell critical strike chance by 1/2/3% in addition to previous effect.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now increases healing effects on you by 3/4/5%, down from 4/7/10%
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Now reduces damage by 2/3/4%, up from 1/3/5%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.