- A master of Scourge weaponry, the forgemaster hauls stocks of saronite ore and other precious materials to the cold forges where the mechanisms of death are born. With a host of rime weapons and exotic alloys at his disposal, it could get cold in here.
|Race||Flesh giant (Undead)|
|Level||72 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Pit of Saron, Icecrown Citadel|
His death is a requirement of the Frozen Halls storyline quest / (Horde).
Garfrost has crafted some of the most deadly weapons the Scourge has employed against the living. He can quickly forge saronite into terrible instruments of pain and death, or he can just throw it at his enemies.
A master blacksmith and the overseer of the Scourge's cold forges, Garfrost infuses the blades of the Lich King's armies with the Old God Yogg-Saron's blood.
- Permafrost — Forgemaster Garfrost inflicts 260 Frost damage to all players within line of sight, increasing their Frost damage taken by 10% for 3 sec. This effect stacks up to 30 times.
- Throw Saronite — Forgemaster Garfrost hurls a massive chunk of Saronite at a random player. When the chunk lands, it knocks all players within 6 yards away and inflicts 4550 Physical damage.
- Thundering Stomp — Forgemaster Garfrost stomps the ground, stunning all players for 2 sec. After performing a Thundering Stomp, Forgemaster Garfrost forges an icebound weapon.
- Forge Frozen Blade — Forgemaster Garfrost forges an icebound weapon, increasing Frost damage by 50%.
- Forge Frostborn Mace — Forgemaster Garfrost forges an icebound weapon, increasing Frost damage by 100%.
- Chilling Wave — Forgemaster Garfrost releases a cascade of ice over players in a 65 yd cone in front of him, inflicting Frost damage.
- Deep Freeze — Forgemaster Garfrost chills a random player, reducing their movement speed by 50%. After 14 sec. the player becomes frozen, inflicting Frost damage and stunning them for one second.
At the beginning of the fight, either by aggroing Garfrost himself or any of the Wrathbone Siegesmiths in the room, all of the siegesmiths will aggro and join the fight. AoE them down, then focus on Garfrost once they're dead.
- Forgemaster Garfrost hurls a massive saronite boulder at you!
Garfrost's main attack outside of basic melee is to throw saronite boulders at ranged players. The boss' boulder emote only appears above the player who actually has a boulder heading his/her way. Thrown boulders carry a large amount of kinetic energy and will both knock a player back and deal tremendous damage to anyone foolish enough to stand in its shadow.
The fight can be healing intensive due to constant party damage and line of sight/interrupt issues as healers have to dodge boulders or have one dropped between them and the tank. As such, all ranged dps should attack as melee from close behind Garfrost to allow AoE heals work effectively and cheaply. The healer should stand at a distance until one rock is thrown, then join them to avoid further boulder issues.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Axe too weak. Garfrost make better and CRUSH YOU!
At 66 and 33%, Garfrost AoE stomps the instance, then jumps over to one of the two forges in his room and reforges his weapon to increase his frost damage dealt by 50% (100% in Heroic mode). While Garfrost is in his corner, the party should take the opportunity to get behind boulders until the debuff wears off. Mages should equip when battling Garfrost as the debuff's timer is cut in half and will usually vanish before it stacks past two.
Once everyone's debuff has worn off and is healed up, feel free to meet Garfrost in his corner. Garfrost does not lose aggro on the phase transitions, so rinse and repeat from 100% to 0.
In phase two Garfrost casts Chilling Waves in front of him. The tank (and only the tank) should be getting hit by the Chilling Waves.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Garfrost tired of puny mortals. Now your bones will freeze!
- Forgemaster Garfrost casts Deep Freeze at <player>.
After the second phase transition, Garfrost's +frost damage bonus has increased to +100% (+200% on Heroic). Garfrost will use Deep Freeze on random players in the party. Make sure the player is at full health (and shielded if possible) when the debuff wears off, as Deep Freeze hits hard.
- Tiny creatures under feet, you bring Garfrost something good to eat!
- At 66%
- Axe too weak. Garfrost make better and CRUSH YOU.
- At 33%
- Garfrost tired of puny mortals. Now your bones will freeze!
- Hits someone with a Saronite Boulder
- That one maybe not so good to eat now. Stupid Garfrost! BAD! BAD!
- Kills a player
- Will save for snack. For later.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Garfrost hope giant underpants clean. Save boss great shame. For later.
- Martin Victus/Gorkun Ironskull yells: The forgemaster is dead! Get geared up men, we have a Scourgelord to kill.
- Scourgelord Tyrannus yells: Another shall take his place. You waste your time.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-02-01): Players can now zone back into the instance if they are dead while encounters with Krick and Ick or Forgemaster Garfrost are in progress.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.