These paladin quests are specific to paladins.
- 1 Current quests
- 2 Old quests
- 2.1 Level 12 The Tome of Divinity/Redemption (Redemption spell)
- 2.2 Level 12 The First Trial (Redemption spell)
- 2.3 Level 20 The Tome of Valor (Sense Undead, Bastion of Stormwind and Verigan's Fist)
- 2.4 Level 20 The Second Trial (Sense Undead, Blood-Tempered Ranseur)
- 2.5 Level 40 The Tome of Nobility (Summon Warhorse)
- 2.6 Level 40 The Thalassian Warhorse (Summon Warhorse)
- 2.7 Level 50 Forging the Mightstone (Holy Mightstone + Choice of Rare Reward)
- 2.8 Level 50 Ancient Evil (Scourgebane)
- 2.9 Level 60 The Light and How To Swing It (Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas)
- 2.10 Level 60 Summoning the Charger (Summon Charger)
- 2.11 Level 60 True Masters of the Light (Summon Charger, Blood Knight Tabard)
These quests are available once the paladin reaches level 3:
These quests are available once the paladin reaches level 20:
These quests are available once the paladin reaches level 50:
There are also series of quests to get level 60 epic paladin armor sets. They are seldom done anymore.
Level 12 The Tome of Divinity/Redemption (Redemption spell)
A paladin trainer would instruct you to travel to the nearby capital city and speak to the trainers there. You received a quest from that trainer. For humans, the quest-giver was Duthorian Rall in the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind City; for dwarves, Tiza Battleforge upstairs in the Hall of Mysteries in Ironforge, and for draenei, Jol in the Vault of Lights in the Exodar.
- Humans and Dwarves received a quest to help a local resident through some troubles. For humans, it was Stephanie Turner in the Trade District; for dwarves, it was John Turner in the Commons. You had to provide ten to complete the quest.
- You had to return to the quest-giver to get the next part of this series. You received a . For humans and dwarves you were then required to talk to a nearby NPC who would tell you a story about a friend of his who needed help, for draenei Jol told you all you needed to know.
- Humans needed to head to Heroes' Vigil in eastern Elwynn Forest. Dwarves needed to head to Helm's Bed Lake in eastern Dun Morogh. Draenei needed to head to the Bristlelimb Enclave in southeastern Bloodmyst Isle. You needed to locate the dead NPC in need at that location and use the Symbol of Life on him to resurrect him. For humans he was Henze Faulk, for dwarves he was Narm Faulk and for draenei it was a Young Furbolg Shaman.
- For humans and dwarves, the resurrected NPC then offered you a quest to kill nearby Defias Rogue Wizards (for humans) or Dark Iron Spies (for dwarves) for a drop. This item would only drop if you were on the quest. Once you had the item, you had return to the capital city and the NPC near your trainer. You then learned your resurrection spell.
Level 12 The First Trial (Redemption spell)
The quest giver for this, and other quests, was Knight-Lord Bloodvalor. Although technically not a Paladin trainer, he is in their building, in the Hall of Blood section of Silvermoon City, just to the north of the northernmost entrance into the building.
- The first part of this quest involved heading out to the Isle of Tribulations in the northern portion of the Ghostlands. There you entered a small cave and knelt at a brazier inside. This caused you to be attacked by a level 12 mob, Sangrias Stillblade. He was to be defeated before returning to Silvermoon City.
- You then received a quest which involved heading into the chamber beneath the paladin trainer and draining the power out of the naaru, M'uru, into a small crystal phial. After the betrayal of Prince Kael'Thas, young paladins were instead redirected to use their on the dazed Blood Elf Magisters that were once draining M'uru themselves in order to fill the recipient.
- You then had to take the phial to the inn directly south of the paladin trainer in Silvermoon City and use it to resurrect Sangrias from the first part of the quest, revealing that he was working for the Blood Knights. After returning to the quest giver the spell was yours.
Level 20 The Tome of Valor (Sense Undead, Bastion of Stormwind and Verigan's Fist)
An NPC near the trainer in your capital city provided you with a volume, the Tome of Valor. Using the tome to start the quest, you were redirected to talk to your trainer. The next quest would take you to Westfall's Longshore, on the far southwestern coast.
You had to speak with Daphne Stilwell, accept her quest, and then defend her from several waves of attacking Defias. This quest could be soloed at level 20 with great care, but bringing a friend would make it considerably easier. Daphne could also be healed by your healing spells. You then had to return to Duthorian Rall in Stormwind City to learn and receive the .
At this point, your trainer directed you to speak with Jordan Stilwell outside the gates of Ironforge. Jordan gave you the quest to gather the components to make the rare two-handed mace . The note provided the details on where and how to get each of the four pieces.
- - in the Deadmines in Westfall; from the Goblin Woodcarvers located in the Mast Room with their boss Sneed.
- - in Blackfathom Deeps in Ashenvale; you first had to talk to Thundris Windweaver in Auberdine, Darkshore to get the quest , which would enable you to find a from various Blackfathom nagas just outside the instance. Returning the corrupted gem to Thundris would grant you the purified gem you needed. After patch 2.3 the naga were no longer elite mobs and this part of the quest could easily be soloed.
- - in Shadowfang Keep in Silverpine Forest; laying on a box inside the stables, on the far end of the courtyard before you go up the ramp.
- - in the Mo'grosh Stronghold in northeast Loch Modan; you first had to talk to Bailor Stonehand in Thelsamar to get the quest , which would enable you to open an ore crate by some trees in the middle of the ogre camp. Returning the ore crate to Bailor would grant you the shipment you needed. After Patch 2.3 the ogres were no longer elite mobs and this part of the quest could easily be soloed.
Once you provided all four items to Jordan Stilwell, he crafted the mace for you.
Level 20 The Second Trial (Sense Undead, Blood-Tempered Ranseur)
For this quest, Knight-Lord Bloodvalor sent you to talk to another of the Blood Knights to the north of Silvermoon City, Master Kelerun Bloodmourn. The meeting point was to the north, through the Ruins of Silvermoon and then east just before the bridge to Sunstrider Isle. Bloodmourn directed you to use a crystal and to defeat four Blood Knight Champions one after the other. Each of these Knights fought with a different aspect of the paladin styles. For instance, one used retribution spells with a two-handed weapon, while another used a shield and sword and used protection abilities. The fights were not particularly difficult despite their titles of champions and the fact that they could heal themselves. After defeating the champions you were sent back to Bloodvalor and received the ability.
- - in Blackfathom Deeps in Ashenvale; from various Blackfathom nagas just outside the instance. Unlike the Alliance version of this quest, the Kor Gem didn't had to be purified. After patch 2.3 the naga were no longer elite mobs and this part of the quest could easily be soloed.
- - found in Shadowfang Keep. To acquire the Bloodforged Ingots, you had to talk to Landen Stilwell who was locked in the cell closest to the stairway near the first major door. He told you where you could locate the Ingots. Shortly after you left the area he would turn into one of the Shadowfang worgen and would chase the party. The ingots themselves were in a crate in the right-hand corner of the stables with the felsteeds.
- - after defeating Jergosh the Invoker in Ragefire Chasm, you had to activate the orb next to him to summon Zelemar the Wrathful, a level 20 elite demon. He dropped the Blood of the Wrathful.
- - found in Deatholme on a dead Blood Elf next to the chained down cauldron on the left as you enter the Scourge base.
On your return to Bloodvalor with the materials, he then sent you to Bemarrin, a blacksmithing trainer just outside across the street. He then forged the weapon for you.
You were rewarded with your paladin weapon, the , as well as the rank of Adept in the Blood Knights order.
Level 40 The Tome of Nobility (Summon Warhorse)
This quest simply consisted in speaking with Duthorian Rall in Stormwind City's Cathedral of Light. After that he would teach you the spell. With Patch 2.4.3 the quest was removed and the warhorse was instead added as a learnable spell from any paladin trainer.
Level 40 The Thalassian Warhorse (Summon Warhorse)
This quest simply consisted in speaking with Knight-Lord Bloodvalor in Silvermoon City's Hall of Blood. After that he would teach you the spell. With Patch 2.4.3 the quest was removed and the warhorse was instead added as a learnable spell from any paladin trainer.
It is notable that in Patch 5.0.4 blood elf paladin got their own version of the spell: .
Level 50 Forging the Mightstone (Holy Mightstone + Choice of Rare Reward)
This was a quest introduced in Patch 1.8.0. Most other classes had a similar quest which gave a rare reward out of three choices.
It started from Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker, sending you to Chillwind Camp in the Western Plaguelands to assist Commander Ashlam Valorfist. The main objective was to collect 20 Minion's Scourgestones, simply by equipping an and killing undead at Sorrow Hill. The scourgestones then had to be given to High Priest Thel'danis who purged them.
From there, Ashlam sent you to the Sunken Temple to retrieve 6 voodoo feathers of different colors. These feathers were dropped by the 6 seal guardians (undead trolls) located in the Upper Balconies of the temple. The same feathers were required for similar Warrior, Warlock, Shaman and Priest quests, so finding a group to kill the trolls was not a problem.
Level 50 Ancient Evil (Scourgebane)
The quest started at either Champion Bachi in Silvermoon City or Champion Cyssa Dawnrose in Undercity, who sent you to the Bulwark to meet with Mehlar Dawnblade. Once there, you were directed to prove your hatred by taking vengeance on the Scourge. Notably by having a chat with the Argent Officer Garush and acquiring an , then returning to Mehlar with 20 Minion's Scourgestones.
After returning the scourgestones to Mehlar, he crushed them and asked you to bring the remains to Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, who had the knowledge of how to turn these fragments into a weapon that could be used against the Scourge.
Sylvanas wasn't very happy to see you with those crushed stones, but knew that you were fuelled by the same vengeance as her. She sent you to the Temple of Atal'Hakkar. In there you needed to kill Atal'alarion who was carrying a . By returning it to Mehlar, he was able to forge the vine and fragments into .
Level 60 The Light and How To Swing It (Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas)
Level 60 Summoning the Charger (Summon Charger)
Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind City gave you two quest series: one to get an , one to get sufficient barding. Once you had both items, you received a short quest to obtain the . You then had to use the scryer in Scholomance to summon monsters to fight, at the end of which you obtained your spell.
- - you had to travel to Ironforge to retrieve High Priest Rohan's exorcism censer. You also had to provide 150 gold as a lesson in sacrifice.
- - High Priest Rohan then instructed you to return the censer to Lord Shadowbreaker in Stormwind City.
- - Lord Shadowbreaker gave you a quest to take the to Terrordale in the Eastern Plaguelands. There you had to use the censer on the green swirls that were there, revealing one to three Terrordale Spirits per use. Slaying twenty-five spirits was required before you could return to Lord Shadowbreaker in Stormwind.
- - talking to Grimand Elmore in Stormwind City's Dwarven District opened up a follow-up quest.
- - Grimand's work was not cheap, and as such he tasked you to collect:
- - you had to return the newly-crafted to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind City, which then directed you to Merideth Carlson in Southshore.
- - to obtain the , you had to give 50 to Merideth alongside 20 Enriched Manna Biscuits. The biscuits could be purchased from the Argent Dawn Quartermasters in either Chillwind Camp in the Western Plaguelands or Light's Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands. Your reputation with the Argent Dawn had to be at least friendly in order to purchase the biscuits.
- - with the barding and the horse feed, you were tasked with going to Dire Maul and kill Tendris Warpwood to free an Ancient Equine Spirit, which once fed would bless your barding.
- - you simply had to return the to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind City.
Summoning the Charger
- - once you had both the Exorcism Censer and the Blessed Arcanite Barding, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker required you to provide one and one to finish creating the .
- - your final task was to assemble a good five-man party, travel to Scholomance, kill Rattlegore, clear his room, and prepare for the last battle.
All party members had to be in the room before placing the Scryer because the doors then closed. Waves of mobs spawned, each requiring a particular Seal to be used on them in order to defeat them. A used with the appropriate Seal would release a strong AoE effect against the mobs and/or stun them:
- Corrupted Spirit - susceptible to .
- Malicious Spirit - susceptible to .
- Shadowed Spirit - susceptible to .
After the last wave of mobs, the Death Knight Darkreaver appeared. There was no break between the last mob of the final ghost-wave and Darkreaver. After slaying him Darkreaver's Fallen Charger appeared. The Death Knight had the on his body and bringing it back to the horse redeemed it and made it your mount, teaching you the spell. Congratulations!
Bringing multiple paladins to the quest was a great idea, and caution had to be taken because wiping during this fight meant having to go back to Stormwind to get another Scryer and reset the instance, as the door to the Great Ossuary would remain closed. This was not a bug; Blizzard viewed this as a necessarily difficult challenge, with the reset an appropriate "punishment" for failure.
Patch 1.12.1 updated the quest so that the Charger also came with the Journeyman Riding skill. Patch 3.2 removed the quest requirement completely and made the Charger mount learnable from a trainer at 40.
Level 60 True Masters of the Light (Summon Charger, Blood Knight Tabard)
Knight-Lord Bloodvalor started this quest-chain with a summons, and sent you to talk to Lord Solanar Bloodwrath (prior to Patch 2.4 it was Lady Liadrin herself) who would then give you all the following steps.
- - Lord Bloodwrath started by offering you his sponsorship in becoming a Master member of the Blood Knights order.
- – Lord Bloodwrath then wanted a donation so that Magister Astalor Bloodsworn's men could keep the order supplied with Light energy, with a detailed note:
- – you had to travel to the Eastern Plaguelands to kill 15 Scourge Siege Engineers and destroy 3 Scourge Meat Wagons. Those were near the end of the road that leads into Ghostlands. This quest was easily solo-able by a level 60.
- – you needed to gather some from the Library Wing of the Abbey in Tyr's Hand. The basin of Holy Water was on the ground floor of the building.
- – Lord Bloodwrath wanted you to gather some items for him again in order to prepare a special mixture:
- 1 – this was bought from Zalle, the Reagent Vendor in Silvermoon City for 50. The price of the item was reduced according to your reputation with Silvermoon.
- 1 – this was bought from Darlia, the Poison Supplier in Silvermoon City for 150. The price of the item was reduced according to your reputation with Silvermoon.
- – with the in hand, you had to travel to the Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme and douse the eternal flame that protected it from the devastation of the city in order to prove the superiority of the Blood Knights over all other paladins. The paladin Aurius was protecting the flame and became hostile. Once Aurius was dead, 5 ghostly paladins -
- – appeared outside of the chapel and charged in. Once they were all defeated, the quest was marked as completed and you could return to Lord Bloodwrath.
In addition to receiving the spell, you also received a as well as the rank of Master in the Blood Knights order.
The quest also came with the Journeyman Riding skill. Patch 3.2 removed the quest requirement completely and made the Charger mount learnable from a trainer at 40. It is notable that in Patch 5.0.4 blood elf paladin got their own version of the spell: .