Forgotten One (Warcraft III)
|Hit points||4000 (8000*)|
|Hit point regeneration||Always|
|Hit point regeneration rate||10.00 HP/sec.|
|Mana Regeneration rate||5.00 (10.00*) Mana/sec.|
|Normal attack:||42-70 (56 avg)
Full Damage Area: 5
|Can attack:||Air, Ground, Structure|
Forgotten Ones are mysterious entities related to the Old Gods. One appeared in a mission in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, where it was defeated by Arthas and as they journeyed through the lower reaches of Azjol-Nerub. The quest to destroy it described it as "an unfathomable horror of a long forgotten time".
Spells and abilities
- Conjures a pillar of fire which damages ground units in a target area over time.
|Cooldown||Mana Cost||Area of Effect||Effect|
|8 sec.||50||22.5||45 damage/sec. for 1.67 seconds, 10 damage/sec for 6 sec.|
- Unleashes a mighty Tentacle upon the enemy.
|30 sec.||2 sec.||5||Summons a Tentacle.|
Spell Immunity (Passive)
- Renders this unit immune to negative spells.
The Forgotten One gains the following abilities on Hard:
- Breathes a cone of fire at enemy units which deals damage.
|Mana Cost||Range||Area of Effect||Allowed Targets||Effect|
|50||70||15||Air, Ground||150 damage.|
- Reduces movement speed by 75%, attack rate by 50%, and damage by 50% of a target enemy unit.
The forgotten ones are massive and powerful tentacle-bearing aberrations living in the deepest reaches of Azjol-Nerub.
In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, there was a chapter entitled The Forgotten Ones where Arthas and Anub'arak fought through an army of faceless ones and tentacles, with a massive Forgotten One as the boss at the end of the mission. The forgotten one lead the mysterious faceless ones, and it could "spawn" armies of tentacles and faceless ones to aid itself.
It is possible that there was more than one forgotten one. The chapter being entitled "The Forgotten Ones" implies that there were more than one of these creatures, and Anub'arak points out that the forgotten one fought by Arthas was but one of the creatures by saying it was "a forgotten one".
- : It cannot be...
- : A forgotten one... Look to your defenses, death knight! Fight as you've never fought before!
The forgotten one attempting to devour the forces of the Scourge.
- The Forgotten One in Warcraft III bears physical similarities to , and also , , and who are presumed to be Forgotten Ones.
- Both instances of an explicitly labeled forgotten one have been later turned into faceless ones (Volazj and Soggoth). However, at least four similar creatures (of an unnamed type) have appeared in Cataclysm.
- Deathwing's final form, 'the Madness of Deathwing' shares some similarity to these creatures.