Fortune and Glory
83 (Requires 83)
Kill the Obsidian Colossus.
- Obsidian Colossus Defeated
We have to keep moving, <name>. It's just a matter of time before those troops get their act together.
The coffer should be just beyond these ruins.
Stay on your toes. Something tells me this isn't over yet...
Follow me to the coffer, <name>! Quickly!
Good to see you're still in one piece, <name>.
- Harrison Jones says: Let's move!
- Harrison Jones says: I've got a bad feeling about this...
- Harrison and the player reach the far side of the colossus to see Commander Schnottz channeling something into a device!
- Harrison Jones says: I figured I might see you again, Schnottz.
- A squadron of Schnottz Rifleman run down the steps, all targeted on Jones.
- Commander Schnottz says: Ve meet again, Doctor Jones! Zhanks to your vork in zhis region, my mission has become much easier.
- Harrison Jones says: I know what you're up to, Schnottz! Deathwing will never have the coffer, not if I can help it!
- Commander Schnottz says: Vell in zhat case, ve must ensure zhat you and your friend are out of zhe picture.
- Schnottz laughs.
- Commander Schnottz says: Permanently!
- Schnottz activates the devices, which awakens the colossus!
- Schnottz Rifleman yells: What... is that thing?!
- Commander Schnottz says: You von't live to see your precious coffer, Jones!
- Schnottz takes off up the steps to the southwest.
- Harrison Jones says: Not so fast, Schnottz!
- Jones takes off after him. As Harrison runs up the steps, a rockfall blocks off the exit!
- Destroy the Obsidian Colossus!
- Commander Schnottz yells: Zhat vhich you seek vill soon be mine, Doctor Jones!
- Schnottz gets in his hot air balloon and leaves.
The colossus has 1.5 million health and the following abilities:
- Sweeping Attack 20 yd range — Deals damage to enemies in front of the Colossus 5 sec cast. Hits for around 20,000 Physical
- Force Punch — Knocks away all nearby enemies with a forceful fist of force. 2 sec cast. Immediately followed by...
- Shadow Storm — Channels an immense amount of shadow energy to destroy distant enemies. 4 sec cast. Hits for 4000-4600 Shadow damage. Launches an excessive amount of missiles in the arena, marked on the ground by purple shadow runes
Additionally, the eagle statues around the room have an eye-laser ability:
- Focused Laser — Inflicts Fire damage to enemies within 7 yards Hits for 1100-1700 Fire
The player does not have to take the colossus alone, as Schnottz left a squadron of Riflemen behind in his escape. They have the following abilities:
- Basic Melee Hits for 3200-4300 Physical on Colossus
- Shoot 5-30 yd range — Shoots at an enemy, inflicting Physical damage. Hits for 2800-4600 Physical on the Colossus
- Bomb 5-30 yd range — Bombs all enemies in a selected area, inflicting Fire damage. Hits for ~4600-6100 Fire
Keep out of the eye beams. Stay behind the colossus to avoid the sweeping attack. When the force punch happens, find a safe spot not covered in purple runes. Try to ignore the Riflemen. Though they are hostile, the riflemen won't attack players directly. However, players may suffer some splash damage from the bombs targeted on the colossus.
There are Schnottz Supply Choppers circling the arena. Destroy them and they will drop supply crates. The crates either have a Berserking or a Restoration buff (much like the ones in Battlegrounds).
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.