Forum:Warcraft literature and media
(This topic is archived. Please do not edit this page!)
- Novel guide rename to Literature guide (or Warcraft universe guide?) and remove the lists of all the literature (have only a link to another page with the list) and do a real guide... one-two sentences description of how the events of a certain book / comic are connected with the game events or something like that. I could do that.
- History of Warcraft to have only the actual history of warcraft there - those official chapters, the rest remove.
- Warcraft universe here would be the complete list of literature, videos, game, medias... OR have just redirects for categories such as novels, short stories, comics, etc...
- I agree with the proposal for it's needed. Thought I'd like to hear other opinions/suggestions. Cemotucu (talk contribs) 15:41, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
- I think that the novel guide is fine (though short descriptions can be added). The changes to History of Warcraft are a good idea, but only if all of the information there is actually redundant (if not, move it somewhere). The first idea for the Warcraft universe page is a good idea.-- 04:17, 23 October 2014 (UTC)
1. So, returning to the project, I've just found these   and . The last one is nominated for deletion. I'm wondering whether the first two could be merged (if it is really an useless page) with the transcript? If so, the same thing could be done with the third link... I think there's some lore about characters in the wow manual. And such pages I can't find for War I and II so a decision would be appreciated. --Mordecay (talk) 17:45, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
2. No clue what's that - . Delete, maybe? It's kind of redundant for one... thing.
4. Any reason why book chapters are here? Should I complete the chapters or remove the actual?
5. Is this a thing - World of Warcraft: Quickstart Guide? I can't find anything on it. Perhaps someone mistook it with MoP Quickstart?
6. Is that okay -  or it should be on its own page?
7. Similar as with the novel template, could we add editions there?
8. I was wondering that perhaps another category could be added - "other lore books" (or something similar; instead of Catalog maybe) - where Annual 2015, UVG and chronicles would be placed? Currently they are with the Strategy Guides template and dunno... they are lore guides but not... you now strategy guides. --Mordecay (talk) 12:32, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- The "game manual" articles are very unnecessary; they don't need a separate article when the transcripts are already there.
- Very unnecessary, especially since the linked article doesn't exist. Deleted.
- Does seem like they're just duplicates. Should be worked on to merge, with a section that describes its history (cancelled issues etc).
- Not sure why they're there. Does not seem necessary.
- Never heard of it.
- Not sure. I don't think it needs its own article.
- What does "editions" entail?
- -- 17:59, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- 1. In my opinion, the transcripts should be moved to that pages since "Game Manual" (pedant thing, really :D) is the correct name. Infobox AND the transcript wouldn't hurt itself, no? Look now on WoW Game Manual if it is okay.
- 3. Micky's reply: https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/status/554384515267694593 (still needs better intro)
*4. Does not seem necessary to have them listed or removed?
- 5. Ah, finally found it. Apparently it is from World of Warcraft Battle Chest (2013). Anyone to confirm?
- 7. It's these World of Warcraft Strategy Collection, World of Warcraft Atlas Gift Pack, World of Warcraft Strategy Collection 2008--Mordecay (talk) 12:32, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- 4. Should be removed.
- 5. Is it really necessary to have it here, though? It's enough to have it on the Battle Chest page.
- -- 22:58, 11 January 2015 (UTC)