Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Fountain of Health
Fountain of Health
A Fountain of Health is a neutral (not belonging to any specific player teams) building in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion the Frozen Throne. Wounded units standing close to it will regenerate faster than normally, which makes it useful for healing.
Description from the official site
- Unlike with other Neutral Buildings, the Fountain of Health does not need to be activated by mouse clicking. Instead, the Fountain automatically regenerates the hit points of nearby Heroes and non-mechanical units.
- Regenerate 1% of the unit's total Hit Points per second.
At least one Fountain of Health has its origin in the goddess Elune, as told in the Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos optional quest "Defiled Fountain" (found in the mission Where Wyverns Dare), as the quest reads as follows:
- "The Fountain of Health, blessed by the goddess Elune in ancient times, has been fouled by the wicked Harpies. You must recover the Glyph of Purification from the local Centaur Khan and use its energies to restore the Fountain's holy waters. Once that is done, the purified waters will replenish your warriors' health."
- —Defiled Fountain
- Fountains of health appear both in the custom and campaign maps. While not overly common, they aren't rare either.
- Fountains of health are usually guarded by creeps. It is possible to use them while the creeps are sleeping (giving they are of the type that sleep).
- When a unit is regenerating from a fountain of health, a yellow shining "healing" effect will appear on it. Additionally, this will also generate a deep continuous "shuuu" sound. Both the effect and the sound will vanish once the unit is fully healed.
- There are no fountains of health in World of Warcraft.
The fountains appearing in Outland-themed maps use the same game mechanics as the normal ones, but their fluids have a blood-red tint instead of blue. Interestingly, these are identical to the Chaos Well created by Mannoroth during the Third War. While the developers were probably just using it to improve the environment, it's also possible the fountains in Outland were tainted by all the demons living there.
A footman being healed by the fountain.