Fountain of Mana
A Fountain of Mana is a neutral (not belonging to any specific player teams) building in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion the Frozen Throne. Units with less than maximum mana (given that they are units that use mana) that is standing close to it will regenerate mana faster than normally.
Description from the official site
- Regenerates the mana of all non-mechanical units nearby.
- Regenerate 1% of the unit's total Mana per second.
- Fountains of mana appear both in the custom and campaign maps. While not overly common, they aren't rare either.
- Fountains of mana are usually guarded by creeps. It is possible to use them while the creeps are sleeping (giving they are of the type that sleep).
- When a unit is regenerating from a fountain of mana, a blue shining effect will appear on it. Additionally, this will also generate a deep continuous "shuuu" sound. Both the effect and the sound will vanish once the unit has regained maximum mana.
- There are no fountains of mana in World of Warcraft.
- It also exists an Outland-version which works just like a normal fountain of mana, but is somewhat darker in color.
A shaman having its mana regenerated by the fountain.