- For the warrior ability, see . For the hunter talent, see . For the game mechanic, see Enrage (mechanic).
A large, piranha-like fish, found throughout both Azeroth. They usually appear as hostile aquatic beasts, though the Loch Frenzy can also be fished for. Frenzies also appear in Outland, but only in the presence of the Naga, making it possible the naga took the creatures with them from Azeroth.
Types of Frenzy
- Anemone Frenzies are found in the Shimmering Expanse of Vashj'ir.
- Canal Frenzies are found in the canal of the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.
- Coilfang Frenzies are found in large numbers inSerpentshrine Cavern.
- Drakkari Frenzies are found in Gundrak.
- Knifetooth Swarmers are found in Whitepetal Lake of Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Lake Frenzies are found in Lordamere Lake.
- Mudfin Frenzies are found in Coilfang Reservoir.
- Reef Frenzies are found alongside the western coastline of Silverpine Forest.
- Sawfin Frenzies are found in the Swamp of Sorrows.
- Sharptooth Frenzies are found in Northern Stranglethorn.
- Shredtooth Frenzies are found in Zul'gurub.
- Stinkhorn Strikers are found on Bloodmyst Isle.
- Underbog Frenzies are found in The Underbog.
- Whitetail Frenzies are found in the water at the Southwestern end of Ghostlands.
- Yellowgill Frenzies are rarely found in the water west end of Ghostlands.
Extinct or Removed
- Coastal Frenzies used to live in Darkshore, but have not been seen since the cataclysm
- Hooktooth Frenzies used to live in Zul'Gurub, but have not been seen since the cataclysm
- Loch Frenzies live in Loch Modan. Prior to the Cataclysm, they were found as mobs, but now they can only be fished for.
- Muck Frenzies used to live beneath Fray Island in the Barrens, but have not been seen since the cataclysm
- Fangler is a rare frenzy found in Alternate Nagrand.
- Rippa is a rare frenzy found at the Cape of Stranglethorn.
Frenzies are voracious, toothy fish. They attack any prey with ravenous hunger. Frenzy can locate creatures underwater within a thirty-foot radius by sight. This ability, of course, only works when the frenzy is underwater. A frenzy can notice creatures by scent in a 180-foot radius and detect blood in the water at ranges of up to a mile, much like real-life sharks
- Players that win first place in the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza can receive a trinket, the , which allows them to transform into a frenzy.
- becomes when cooked.