Frigates are intermediary warships, very similar to destroyers, to the point that in The Frozen Throne the filename for the frigates' icons denoted them as destroyers. It is unknown why the name was changed.
- Main article: Frigate (Warcraft III)
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Frigates already existed in World of Warcraft vanilla, both as wrecks and pirate ships, but it was not until Wrath of the Lich King that they were formally identified as a class of warships. Their bow is different from normal transport ships, notably having several gun ports.
Frigates are known to be owned by the Scarlet Crusade, the Blackwater Raiders, the Bloodsail Buccaneers, the Southsea Freebooters, the Northsea Freebooters and Schnottz's crew. Harpoon Master Yavus is also said to have attacked Alliance frigates in Daggercap Bay.
- Mist Veil, sunken off the coast of Darkshore
- Silver Dawning, sunken off the coast of Darkshore
- Tide Razor, along the coast of the Northern Barrens
- Maiden's Dagger, docked at Fray Island in the Northern Barrens
- Heedless, along the coast of the Southern Barrens
- Intrepid, part of the Lost Fleet in the Wetlands
- Wave Mistress, part of the Lost Fleet in the Wetlands
- Maiden's Folly, in the Drowned Reef in southern Arathi Highlands
- Spirit of Silverpine, in the Drowned Reef in southern Arathi Highlands
- Harbinger, at Faldir's Cove in southern Arathi Highlands
- Smotts' Revenge, sunken off the coast of Stranglethorn Vale
- The Crimson Veil, docked at Wild Shore islands in the Cape of Stranglethorn
- The Damsel's Luck, docked at Wild Shore islands in the Cape of Stranglethorn
- The Riptide, docked at Wild Shore islands in the Cape of Stranglethorn
- Gallant, in Sar'theris Strand near the shore of Desolace
- Sinner's Folly, moored to the south of New Hearthglen in the Dragonblight
- The Vanguard, sunken off the southwestern coast of the Jade Forest
- The Barnacle, sunken off the southern coast of the Timeless Isle