||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.1.5.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Frost Armor
- Level 56 Frost mage ability
- Increases Haste by 8% and causes enemies who strike you to have movement speed slowed by 30% for 15 sec.
- "Anyone can hit a mage. Once." - Morganis Blackvein
Frost Armor is a passive level 56 Frost mage ability which increases the mage's haste and has a chance to give attackers the Chilled debuff, reducing their movement speed.
The snare effect is useful for avoiding fighting aggressive mobs you would rather run past, assuming of course they don't resist each time they attack. On foot, a chasing creature will likely get in 2 or 3 hits on the mage (some creatures run faster and swing faster than others) before you outpace them. Mounted characters will usually be hit a single time before getting away.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Removed.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now increases Haste instead of Multistrike. Chilled duration increased from 5 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now a passive effect and is available only to Frost mages.
- Now grants an 8% chance to Multistrike instead of 7% Haste.
- Hotfix (2012-09-18): "Frost Armor now increases spell haste by 7% (up from 5%)."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Frost Armor has been redesigned. Now increases spell haste by 5%. Frost Armor no longer reduces physical damage taken and the Chilled proc does not reduce attack speed. In addition, there is now a 3-second cast time. Frost Armor no longer has a duration and will persist through death.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Has been reworked:
- It now reduces physical damage taken by 15%, instead of providing 20% additional armor.
- The Chilled proc from Frost Armor can no longer proc Fingers of Frost.
- The attack speed slow from the Chilled proc is now 20%, down from 25%, but it also affects ranged attack speed.
- Frost Armor no longer increases Frost resistance.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): [Molten Armor], Frost Armor, and [Mage Armor] no longer cost mana.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Frost and [Ice Armor] merged, now available at level 54, up from 1.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received. It will come out when 3 min. is left.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): No longer a magic effect and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Chilled effect: Due to the haste effect change, the tooltip has been changed to 25%.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor/Frost Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17):
- [Ice Armor] and Frost Armor should no longer stack.
- Frost Armor and [Ice Armor] chill effects reduced in effectiveness.
- The Chilled effects from [Ice Armor] and Frost Armor should no longer stack.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Resistance increased.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Frost Armor 3 has been moved to level 20.