Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.|
- The Ice Trap allows hunters to reposition themselves for a better shot... or, if the need arises, to run.
Ice Trap is a Hunter ability learned at level 46. It provides an area that slows movement speed of enemies in the affected area by 50%. It can be used to slow enemies multiple times since you can always lead the mob over the ice slick to easily reapply the snare. This makes kiting mobs, especially multiple mobs, in circles much easier.
Tips and tricks
- In group PvP this can be a great advantage to all of your team. Once activated its easy to notice graphic will let everyone on your team know it is possible to exploit it.
- With , Ice Trap will root your enemies.
- This trap will activate the talent when triggered giving the opportunity for some burst damage.
- Use against mobs that run in instances to slow or entrap them.
- Drop a Ice Trap before a pull to prevent the adds from making it to cloth wearing quickly.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Replaced by .
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): New spell graphic.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): New icon.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Name changed from Frost Trap to Ice Trap.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Will no longer "fizzle" on targets immune to snare effects, however will not succeed when using Frost Trap if the target is immune to snare effects.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): If the target who triggers Frost Trap is immune to its effect, the Frost Trap area effect will no longer be triggered.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This trap no longer breaks stealth from its slowing effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Updated tooltip to reflect duration of the Frost Trap Effect.