Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For other uses, see Frostbite (disambiguation).
The Frostbite effect is subject to diminishing returns. It will also always proc along with .
Tips and tricks
In PvP situations Frostbite is effective at catching runners or slowing large groups, which is invaluable in battlegrounds such as Warsong Gulch.
The Frostbite effect does not overwrite the effect or the Water Elemental's Freeze effect. These spells have a longer duration (8 seconds vs. 4 seconds) than Frostbite, and thus supersede it. Even if the Frost Nova or Freeze has fewer than 4 seconds remaining, Frostbite will not take effect. However, if the attack with a chill happens to break the freezing effect, it is possible for the Frosbite freeze to take effect immediately.
Because Frostbite only lasts for 4 seconds, a mage often only has enough time (due to lag) to cast one or two Frostbolt (depending on haste) before the effect wears off. However, if a troll mage casts Frostbolt in conjunction with the racial (thus reducing the cast time to 2.25 seconds or less) then they can have up to two chances to proc a Frostbite. can also be cast instead of additional Frostbolts, as it can allow several castings into a frozen enemy, which is advantageous considering that it does triple damage to frozen targets.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Re-added as a Frost honor talent. Now freezes for 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Relocated from Tier 2 to Tier 1.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The Frostbite effect was changed to be subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Fixed the duration of Frostbite on pets which are dismissed and then recalled.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17):
- Chance that Frostbite affects a target has been reduced.
- Duration slightly increased
- Freeze effects can now be dispelled.