We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- "Wearing heavy plate is taxing enough without having to lug around another eighty pounds of ice." —Warrax
- As with all Frost mage spells capable of critical hits, can increase the effective damage output of this spell.
- (honor talent)
- Frostbolt is a basic Mage spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when you play this card."
- Frostbolt is one of Jaina's Basic Abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 5%.
- Hotfix (2016-10-13): "Frostbolt no longer deals increased damage in PvP (was a multiplier of +10%)."
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "
- Frostbolt damage increased by 8%.
- Frostbolt now reduces movement speed by 50% in PvP.
- Frostbolt damage is now increased by 10% in PvP (down from 20%)."
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "
- Frostbolt damage increased to 185% of Spell Power (was 170%).
- Frost Bolt (Frost) deals 20% additional damage in PvP."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage reduced by 5%. Now reduces movement speed by 30%, down from 50%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 20% more damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-30): "Damage has been reduced by 20%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 20%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Frostbolt can no longer be used to heal the mage's Water Elemental.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 10% less damage and no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Frost specialization ability. Movement speed reduction increased from 40% to 50%, and duration increased from 9 to 15 sec. Now also causes the target to take an additional 8% damage from Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and Water Elemental's Waterbolt, stacking up to 3 times.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Spell power scaling on this spell has been increased by approximately 5%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Damage on rank 12 was increased slightly to ensure it did more damage than rank 11 at all levels.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Frostbolt's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be caused.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Cast time reduced, damage and mana cost reduced accordingly, slowing effect reduced.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Duration increased with each rank.