We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Level: 90 - 92
Battle Pet Level: 23 - 25
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|
- Frostfire Ridge is a harsh land of ceaseless winter and volcanic peaks, where travelers encounter molten lava as often as painfully cold snow. Rock-hewn Bladespire Fortress, built to grandiose heights by the ogres who occupy its halls, is one of the few structures able to remain standing amidst this inhospitable wilderness. It's the perfect target for the survivalist orcs of the Frostwolf clan.
- "Like the great wolves that roam here, we survive in this land according to its rules."
- —Chieftain Durotan
Frostfire Ridge is a zone in north-western Draenor. It is home to the Frostwolf clan and the Thunderlord clan. The ogre stronghold-turned Horde capital, Bladespire Citadel is located here. When Draenor shattered and became Outland, Frostfire Ridge and Gorgrond were pressed together to become the Blade's Edge Mountains. Several recognizable landmarks in Blade's Edge Mountains can be found in Frostfire, such as the Circle of Blood and the rock spires jutting from the earth. The Blade's Edge Mountain, the namesake of the future mountain range that Frostfire would become, can be found near Bladespire Citadel.
In the past, the Gorian Empire ruled over Frostfire Ridge, Bladespire Citadel serving as far-flung outpost. During those times, when the orcs were still enslaved by the ogres, the legendary Thunderlord hero wielded the mighty spear .
Frostfire Ridge is an area of extremes - snow and ice-covered glaciers in one area, active volcanoes spewing lava in another. The region is defined by the volcanic activity of late, so be wary of gigantic cliffs in otherwise normal plains.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Bloodmaul Slag Mines||90-92||5 player||Unknown|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
- Main article: Frostfire Ridge NPCs
- Main article: Frostfire Ridge storyline
- Main article: :Category:Frostfire Ridge vignettes
Continuing the tradition started on the Timeless Isle, Frostfire Ridge has a huge number of vignettes, which are one-time events like killing rare mobs, looting treasure chests, finding Shamanstones, or completing scripted events. Nearly all of the vignettes reward in addition to an uncommon or rare-quality item.
- During the initial planning phase, the land was to be an icy desert with purple sand dunes called Frostwind. However, the purple sand in the concept art was frequently mistaken for snow, eventually resulting in the desert idea being abandonded in favor of a frozen wasteland with volcanic activity.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-15): "Reduced the density of critters and Icespine Hatchlings in Frostfire Ridge."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft film universe.
|This section is a lore stub.|