|Theater of operations|
The Frostmane tribe (or clan) are a tribe of ice trolls that inhabit Dun Morogh and constantly fight a guerrilla war against the dwarves. In recent times, they have welcomed the trogg invasion of the dwarven lands, and are content to let the two sides fight it out whilst they sit and wait for an opportunistic moment to take back their lands. They can be found in Frostmane Hold, on Shimmer Ridge, and south of Anvilmar in a cave and a surrounding camp in Dun Morogh.
The Frostmane tribe was once part of the nation of Zul'Drak. After the Sundering, the Frostmane and Winterax tribes left the Drakkari tribe in Northrend and settled in the Eastern Kingdoms. Due to the ice trolls' unrelenting hostility toward outsiders, historians have yet to learn how these two tribes were separated from the Drakkari and came to live so far from the ancient site of Zul'Drak.
The Frostmane trolls once ruled over the frigid lands of Dun Morogh, only to have their empire fall to dwarven armies. The ice trolls were driven to the hills in retreat, a shameful blow to their warlike nature. With the Ironforge armies focused on quelling the trogg invasion or fighting Alliance Wars, the Frostmane trolls have seen the opportunity to reclaim their ancestral home of Dun Morogh and restore their long-lost kingdom.. The dwarves currently consider the Frostmane tribe little more than a nuisance, and have not made a concerted effort to vanquish them. The Senate of Ironforge has taken small note of the annoyance, and have sent and his brother to take care of the problem.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Sometime after the events at the Isle of Thunder, the Zandalari have turned their focus on rallying the Frostmane tribe of Dun Morogh against Ironforge, but their plans were thwarted by Moira Bronzebeard and .
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
During the Legion Invasions, several members of the tribe at Frostmane Retreat were forced to join the Burning Legion, but they seemed to make poor converts. The demons and Tyl'vara seemed particularly involved in the process.
Despite being smaller than their Drakkari brethern, much like the Winterax trolls are, the Frostmane trolls have been launching increasingly frequent and aggressive attacks against the dwarves living in Dun Morogh, using Constriction Totems to block paths for Dwarven mountaineers.
They tame Crag Boars.
They have markings on their skins and wear trinkets.
Notable Frostmane trolls
- is the patriarch and the great leader of the tribe.
- is the leader of the tribe that has settled in Coldridge Valley, Dun Morogh. Together he and his tribe have been pushing north and conducting skirmishes on outlying camps and outposts.
- leads the tribesmen at Frostmane Retreat.
- the toughest troll in Dun Morogh. 
- The Frostmane tribe may worship many of the Drakkari loa primarily, with their connection to snow and ice. Though trolls can worship loa universally.
- While there is not a lot to go by, ice trolls of the Frostmane tribe and Winterax tribe may be a subspecies of their own stemming from ice trolls. In the sense that they're smaller on average than the ice trolls of the Drakkari tribe. Why this is, has not been confirmed. Though with the Frostmane and Winterax having resided in southern areas (Eastern Kingdoms as opposed to Northrend), they have became a smaller form of ice trolls. Possibly becoming a subspecies of their own, namely "frost trolls".
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The Frostmane trolls share the same model as the Drakkari trolls.