Keep moving, the sword is close.
I need a moment to send one of my dark rangers back to the airship. With all of our fodder gone, I will not be caught unprepared - we will need any help they can send.
Go. I will meet you in the Halls of Reflection.
The Halls of Reflection. Finally.
Let me know when you are ready, <class>. I will not be so naive as to think that Arthas left his precious sword entirely unguarded.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I... I don't believe it! Frostmourne stands before us - unguarded - just as the gnome claimed. Come, heroes!
- Standing this close to the blade that ended my life... The pain... It is renewed.
Can you remove the sword?
A fairly long scripted event then begins to start the encounter:
- Sylvanas walks to the sword
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Standing this close to the blade that ended my life... The pain... It is renewed.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I dare not touch it. Stand back! Stand back as I attempt to commune with the blade! Perhaps our salvation lies within...
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Careful, girl. I've heard talk of that cursed blade saving us before. Look around you and see what has been born of Frostmourne.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Uther...Uther the Lightbringer. How...
- Uther the Lightbringer says: You haven't much time. The Lich King sees what the sword sees. He will be here shortly.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The Lich King is here? Then my destiny shall be fulfilled on this day!
- Uther the Lightbringer says: You cannot defeat the Lich King. Not here. You would be a fool to try. He will kill those that follow you and raise them as powerful soldiers of the Scourge. But for you, Sylvanas, his reward for you would be worse than the last.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: There must be a way...
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Perhaps, but know this: there must always be a Lich King. Even if you were to strike down Arthas, another would have to take his place, for without the control of the Lich King, the Scourge would wash over this world like locusts, destroying all that they touched.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Who could bear such a burden?
- Uther shakes his head.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: I do not know, Banshee Queen. I suspect that the piece of Arthas that might be left inside the Lich King is all that holds the Scourge from annihilating Azeroth.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Alas, the only way to defeat the Lich King is to destroy him at the place where he was created.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The Frozen Throne...
- The far door opens and the Lich King appears!
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Aye. ARRRRRRGHHHH... He... He is coming. You... You must...
- The Lich King yells: SILENCE, PALADIN!
- The Lich King banishes Uther to the abyss. He steps forward and removes the runeblade from the heap of skulls.
- The Lich King yells: So you wish to commune with the dead? You shall have your wish.
- The Lich King summons in Falric and Marwyn, then retraces his steps back to the north.
- The Lich King yells: Falric. Marwyn. Bring their corpses to my chamber when you are through.
- Falric yells: As you wish, my lord.
- Marwyn yells: As you wish, my lord.
- Falric yells: Soldiers of Lordaeron, rise to meet your master's call!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: You will not escape me that easily, Arthas! I will have my vengeance!
- Sylvanas and Dark Ranger Loralen run to follow the Lich King just as the door closes behind them.
After this instance has been completed, in future runs the player is given a second option to skip the scripted event:
Dark Lady, I think I hear Arthas coming. Whatever you're going to do, do it quickly.
Five waves of trash, then Falric. The other five waves, then Marwyn.
After defeating Marwyn, Wrath of the Lich King is automatically offered. Accept it, then move on to catch up with Sylvanas and the Lich King.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.