- This article is about is the Warlords of Draenor faction. For the original timeline clan information, see Frostwolf clan.
|Other major settlements|
|Theater of operations|
- “Like the great wolves that roam here, we survive in this land according to its rules.”
The Frostwolf Orcs, or Frostwolf clan, are renowned for their prowess as one-on-one combatants. Led by Chieftain Durotan, they are a strong, close-knit clan whose bond with wolves only adds to their strength—though their numbers remain smaller than most clans. Though the clan spends much of their time in Frostfire Ridge, they migrate to Nagrand with the seasons.
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
As the Iron Horde was being formed, invitations were sent to every clan, the Frostwolves included. However Chieftain Garad rejected the offer and in turn was killed by the Iron Wolf, and his Thunderlords. Henceforth treated as enemies of the Iron Horde, members of the Frostwolves would be captured and sent to work as slaves for Iron Horde war machine as it prepared for its invasion of Azeroth. Later some of these prisoners would be used to power the portal along with the draenei.
Though the Ironmarch scored early success they were ultimately defeated and the defenders of Azeroth were quick to turn the tables by invading Draenor. After beating back Iron Horde forces, the Horde and Alliance forces split off with the Horde becoming allies of the Frostwolf Orcs. The two would work together in beating back the Bladespire ogres and claim Bladespire Citadel as their own. However while the Horde was focused on the ogres, the Thunderlords took the opportunity to strike Wor'gol. After defending the town the Frostwolves decided to take the fight to the Thunderlords.
During the Horde counterattack, the Thunderlords would face a series of defeats that would ultimately see the death of its chieftain. However, instead of being able to rejoice in their victory, scouts reported that a massive Iron Horde army was making its way through the Thunder Pass. In order to prevent the Iron Horde from pushing through, the Frostwolves and their allies faced them as they came out of the pass. The Battle of Thunder Pass would be costly for the Iron Horde as the united Frostwolves and their allies protected the pass. However, with the Frostwolves outnumbered, Drek'Thar sought to speak with the earth in order to collapse the canyon itself. This was ultimately successful and the Iron Horde invasion was destroyed, though the battle was not without its casualties, which included Ga'nar who sacrificed his life to buy Drek'Thar the time he needed.
With the battle finished, the Frostwolves mourned the fallen and decided to take the fight to the Iron Horde. To that end they ensured no hostile presence remained within Frostfire Ridge and sought allies to aid their war against Iron Horde forces.
They later ventured into Talador where Durotan and Draka fight the Grom'kar Vanguard, led by Orgrim Doomhammer and the Burning Blade Clan. After their success in Talador the Frostwolves joined the Horde in the Siege of Grommashar, which saw the death of Garrosh Hellscream.
Frostwolf forces later breached the Tanaan Gate and took to fighting the Iron Horde forces within the Iron Front.
|5,000 5,000||Mount (150)|
|Durotan||Chieftain||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador and Nagrand|
|Draka||Durotan's mate||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador and Nagrand|
|Ga'nar||Durotan's brother||Deceased||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Drek'Thar||Farseer||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Garad||Past Chieftain||Deceased||Frostfire Ridge|
|Geyah||Garad's mate, follower (if chosen)||Alive||Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge, later Frostwall|
|Beska Redtusk||Frostwolf Quartermaster||Alive||Warspear, Ashran|
|Karg Bloodfury||Follower||Alive||Grom'gar, Frostfire Ridge|
|Lokra||Draka's sister, follower (if chosen)||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Kal'gor the Honorable||Follower (if chosen)||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Mulverick||Follower||Alive||Sootstained Mines, Frostfire Ridge, later Frostwall|
|Raza'kul||Champion||Alive||Frostwall, Frostfire Ridge|
|Kash'drakor||Gladiator||Alive||Brimstone Springs, Gorgrond, later Beastwatch|
- When members of the Frostwolf clan come of age, they cover themselves in the blood of their first hunt, and rest their hands upon a shamanstone to honor the ancestors who came before them.
- In order to be granted full standing within the Frostwolf clan, each member must undertake a solo quest to befriend and bond with a wild frostwolf. Not all clan members pass this trial, but those that do earn a lifelong companion. In life, no two creatures will share a stronger relationship than that of a Frostwolf orc and his or her companion wolf. The two eat, sleep, and fight side by side until one or both dies an honorable death. Even then, sometimes not even death itself can stop a frostwolf from coming to the aid of its beloved orc.
- As part of the rite of passage into adulthood, a Frostwolf orc must slay a frostboar and carve their family genealogy as far back as will fit on the creature's largest tusk. Family history and tradition are of great importance to the Frostwolf clan, so the largest frostboars are hunted each season to preserve clan lineage.
- With the icy Frostwind desert providing little vegetative nourishment, the Frostwolf depend on their hunters for sustenance. Snowshoes, constructed of wolf bones and pelts, help keep trackers from sinking into deep drifts while pursuing prey.
- A first-fang is the first of many shed by an adolescent frost wolf pup when their adult teeth begin growing. Orcs of the Frostwolf clan often keep the first-fang of their animal companion as good luck charms.
- The veterans of the clan are called Greyfurs.
- Several brown skinned Frostwolf units, including warriors, grunts and a leader were added in the Legion database but were left unused.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.