|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- This article is about is the Warlords of Draenor faction. For the original timeline clan information, see Frostwolf clan.
|Other major cities|
|Theater of operations|
- "Like the great wolves that roam here, we survive in this land according to its rules."
- — Chieftain Durotan
The Frostwolf Orcs, renowned for their prowess as one-on-one combatants, is a strong, close-knit clan whose bond with wolves only adds to their strength—though their numbers remain smaller than most clans. Though the clan spends much of their time in Frostfire Ridge, they migrate to Nagrand with the seasons.
Durotan leads the Frostwolves.
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Please add any available information to this section.
When the Iron Horde was being formed, they sent invitation to every clan. Garad declined and would be soon killed by the Iron Wolf, and his Thunderlords. Treated as enemies of the Iron Horde, members of the Frostwolves would be captured and sent to work as slaves for Iron Horde war machine as it prepared for its invasion of Azeroth. Later some Frostwolf members would be used to power the portal along with the dranei.
However, instead of victory, the forces of Azeroth were not only able to defeat the invaders but turned tables by invading Draenor. After beating back Iron Horde forces, the Horde and Alliance forces split off with the Horde becoming allies of the Frostwolf Orcs. The forces would then work together in beating back the Bladespire ogres and claim Bladespire Citadel as their own. With the ogres beaten back, the Frostwolves came under attack from the Thunderlords, forcing the Horde forces to strike back.
During the Horde counterattack, the Thunderlords would face a series of defeats that would ultimately see the death of its chieftain. However, instead of being able to rejoice in their victory, scouts reported that a massive Iron Horde army was making its way through the Thunder Pass. In order to prevent the Iron Horde from pushing through, the Frostwolves and their allies faced them as they came out of the pass. The Battle of Thunder Pass would be costly for the Iron Horde as the united Frostwolves and their allies protected the pass. However, with the Frostwolves outnumbered, Drek'Thar sought to speak with the earth in order to collapse the canyon itself. This was ultimately successful and the Iron Horde invasion was destroyed, though the battle was not without its casualties, which included who sacrificed his life to buy Drek'Thar the time he needed.
With the battle finished, the Frostwolves mourned the fallen and decided to take the fight to the Iron Horde. To that end they ensured no hostile presence remained within Frostfire Ridge and sought allies to aid their war against Iron Horde forces.
|5,000 5,000||Mount (150)|
|Chieftain||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador and Nagrand|
|Durotan's mate||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Talador and Nagrand|
|Durotan's brother||Deceased||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Farseer||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Past Chieftain||Deceased||Frostfire Ridge|
|Garad's mate, follower (if chosen)||Alive||Thunder Pass, Frostfire Ridge, later Frostwall|
|Frostwolf Quartermaster||Alive||Warspear, Ashran|
|Follower||Alive||Grom'gar, Frostfire Ridge|
|Draka's sister, follower (if chosen)||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Follower (if chosen)||Alive||Various locations throughout Frostfire Ridge|
|Follower||Alive||Sootstained Mines, Frostfire Ridge, later Frostwall|
|Champion||Alive||Frostwall, Frostfire Ridge|
|Gladiator||Alive||Brimstone Springs, Gorgrond, later Beastwatch|
- When members of the Frostwolf clan come of age, they cover themselves in the blood of their first hunt, and rest their hands upon a shamanstone to honor the ancestors who came before them.
- In order to be granted full standing within the Frostwolf clan, each member must undertake a solo quest to befriend and bond with a wild frostwolf. Not all clan members pass this trial, but those that do earn a lifelong companion. In life, no two creatures will share a stronger relationship than that of a Frostwolf orc and his or her companion wolf. The two eat, sleep, and fight side by side until one or both dies an honorable death. Even then, sometimes not even death itself can stop a frostwolf from coming to the aid of its beloved orc.
- As part of the rite of passage into adulthood, a Frostwolf orc must slay a frostboar and carve their family genealogy as far back as will fit on the creature's largest tusk. Family history and tradition are of great importance to the Frostwolf clan, so the largest frostboars are hunted each season to preserve clan lineage.
- With the icy Frostwind desert providing little vegetative nourishment, the Frostwolf depend on their hunters for sustenance. Snowshoes, constructed of wolf bones and pelts, help keep trackers from sinking into deep drifts while pursuing prey.
- A first-fang is the first of many shed by an adolescent frost wolf pup when their adult teeth begin growing. Orcs of the Frostwolf clan often keep the first-fang of their animal companion as good luck charms.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.