||This article's name is unofficial.
- Please note that while the content is valid, this article's name is not official.
- This is because no official name is available for the subject of this article. We use a descriptive name instead.
- This article should not be moved unless discussed first - Remember to follow the naming policy.
Fungal monsters are fungus-like creatures found on both Azeroth, Outland, and Argus. They closely resemble bog beasts.
Loatheb is an undead fungal monster. He was the hideous result of fusing the living plague of the Plaguelands with the bog beasts of Azeroth. He can be found at the end of the Plague Quarter in Naxxramas. The mirebeasts of the Wetlands are symptoms of the earth's disturbance, a foulness of rot given form. They take the shape of bog beasts, infested within with decaying spores, forcing out flourished life in the swamp taking all and leaving only rot.
- The name "fungal monster" is taken from the game files, as no other name is known.
- The fungal monster's face, with its red eyes and tentacled mouth, closely resembles that of Marvel Comics' Man-Thing.