G'huun (pronounced GU-hoon) is a being worshiped by the blood trolls of Nazmir as a loa, and referred to as the Blood God. G'huun was accidentally created by the titans when they experimented with means to solve the problem posed by the Old Gods. He was locked away in the facility of Uldir sealed with three seals, though over time, only one would remain. Because he has no need for technology, the blood trolls have regressed into a primitive state compared to other troll races.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
With his prison weakened, G'huun's corruption has begun spreading across the land, threatening to cover all of Zandalar. He also started wresting control over the souls of the dead from Bwonsamdi, the loa of death, leading to conflict between the two of them.
G'huun has corrupted Hir'eek, the loa of bats, and turned him into a servant. Adventurers must work alongside Jo'chunga and strike Hir'eek down in order to weaken G'huun's forces.
In Battle for Azeroth's alpha, G'huun is referred to multiple times as an old god. That would mean that the titans inadvertently created a fifth old god by experimenting on the others.
- ^ Blizzplanet Jeremy Feasel interview
- ^ a b BlizzCon 2017, World of Warcraft Demo | Nazmir Zone
- ^ Wowhead - "PLACEHOLDER SCENE - Hezrel reveals G'huun being an old god, being experimented upon, and reveals blood trolls want to destroy Zuldazar in order to free G'huun. No way of fixing current containment, must protect Zuldazar. Ateena, blood troll matriarch, arrives, badly damages Hezrel, and prepares to strike."
- ^ Wowhead - "The blood trolls be relentless and unending thanks to the power of an old god."
- ^ Wowhead - "We're gonna blow your old god up, goblin style!"
- ^ Wowhead - "Huh, never blew up an old god before. Shoulda brought more explosives!"