|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
|Level||50 (Requires 40)|
Gahz'rilla is a neutral quest for the dungeon Zul'Farrak. This was one of the more complex quests for Zul'Farrak because it used to require obtaining a mallet (see below for details) to summon him, but it was often considered worth it for the speed-increasing item.
Required for completion:
- Deep in Zul'Farrak, the sand troll city in Tanaris, there is a sacred pool. From that pool the trolls summon a huge beast! Gahz'rilla! He's so fierce that even his scales crackle with energy. It's that energy I want to harness for my car!
- Bring me the electrified scale of Gahz'rilla!
- But the summoning of Gahz'rilla is a well-kept secret of the trolls. To face him, you must first wrest the secret from them.
- Do you have the scale? I can't wait to try different ways to harness its energy!
- Wow, you got the scale! Thanks, <name>. I can't wait to get to work on this thing!
- So you saw Gahz'rilla? Was he as big as they say??
Obtaining this quest
Completing this quest
To complete this quest, players no longer need the . The instructions for acquiring this mallet drop off the sand trolls of Zul'Farrak (), but are not necessary to create it.
The following was the process for acquiring the mallet (no longer required) and summoning Gahz'rilla. A full group of level 46+ players is ideal for completing this sequence.
- Go to the Hinterlands to the Altar of Zul and kill Qiaga the Keeper and Morta'gya the Keeper (level 50 trolls). Qiaga should drop the , which everyone in the group should loot.
- Head to Jintha'Alor, also in the Hinterlands. At the top of the city, there is an amphitheater with an altar at the center. Defeat the nearby mobs and right click the Sacred Mallet while near the altar to transform it into the Mallet of Zul'Farrak
- Keep the Mallet of Zul'Farrak in your inventory and enter Zul'Farrak. Locate the Gong of Zul'Farrak (see the Zul'Farrak Walkthrough for more details). Clear the area first, then right-click the gong to ring it (Mallet no longer required), summoning Gahz'rilla.
See the Gahz'rilla article for tactics and strategies for defeating Gahz'rilla. Once he is defeated, all group members should be able to loot . Return to Wizzle Brassbolts in the Shimmering Flats to complete the quest.
- used to be one of the reward choices for this quest.
- The ability to ring the gong without the Mallet was noted in 3.0.9, but may have been implemented earlier.