- "Gallywix" redirects here. For the Venture Company member of the same surname, see Grand Foreman Puzik Gallywix.
Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel,|
Big Goblin in the Trade Coalition,
President of the Copper Street Conglomerate,
Advisor to the Tinkers' Union
|Affiliation(s)||Bilgewater Cartel, Horde, Trade Coalition, Copper Street Conglomerate, Tinkers' Union|
|Occupation||Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, President of the Copper Street Conglomerate, Advisor to the Tinkers' Union|
|Relative(s)||Luzik (father), unnamed pirate (mother)|
|Companion(s)||Druz (chief enforcer)|
- “I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal, slap a toll booth on it, and charge refugees the last of their pocket change, the rings off their fingers, a bite of their sandwiches, and a contractual obligation to build me a rocket palace in the skies of Nagrand. It’s the goblin way! Supply and demand! Deal with it!”
- — Jastor in his autobiography
Jastor Gallywix is the much-maligned Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, one of the most powerful goblin trade guilds on Kezan. Despite betraying his own people in wake of the Cataclysm in a petty act of vengeance, he retains his position as Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel in its service to the Horde. Once being a vocal supporter of Garrosh Hellscream, he would eventually become one of the last leaders to support the Darkspear Rebellion, showing respect for Vol'jin and pledging his loyalty to the new Warchief following the Siege of Orgrimmar. Despite his past actions, Gallywix wishes to find his people a secure and profitable future, which he saw neither of under Hellscream's reign. Following Vol'jin's fatal wounding at the Battle for Broken Shore, Gallywix was among those present when he named Sylvanas Windrunner the next Warchief with his dying breath.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Quests
- 5 Quotes
- 6 In Hearthstone
- 7 Notes and trivia
- 8 Relatives
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- 11 Patch changes
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Jastor Gallywix's father, Luzik, was a tinker who lived and worked on Copper Street in Drudgetown on Kezan, and his mother left for a life of piracy. His father regularly tested his inventions - all of which had something to do with explosives (appropriately for goblins) - in the house, which had the potential for causing fatal injuries to both himself and his son. On his tenth birthday, Gallywix had had enough of his father's antics and thought about running away to become a pirate himself. That was before he witnessed a local street gang rough up his father for money, and steal a cookie his father had given him (from a bakery that had been destroyed in the various Trade Wars; as a result, the confection was highly rare). That inspired him to take control of his neighborhood and begin his rise to power on Kezan. First, he booby-trapped the payment to the gang with dynamite, blowing the entire gang sky-high. Then he took over, buying out the street's businesses, among them his father's tinkering business.
Many years later, Gallywix had become president of what became known as the Copper Street Conglomerate, an advisor to the Tinkers' Union, a major figure in the Trade Coalition, and the second wealthiest goblin in the Bilgewater Cartel - second only to Trade Prince Maldy himself. With the aid of the moguls of the Bilgewater and from Tek'zik Riddlevox, Director of the Tinkers' Union, all of whom believed that Maldy had gone soft (he was known to dote over his daughter, Nessa, with whom Gallywix had fallen in love with on first sight), Gallywix initiated a hostile takeover of the Bilgewater Cartel. He bought the loyalty of Maldy's staff, and replaced his security with his own mercenaries; he even owned the land on which Maldy's manor (the site of his own villa many years later) was situated. Though Maldy hoped to re-buy his possessions with the money he gained from trading weapons to the Alliance, Gallywix eliminated that possibility by destroying Maldy's trade fleet. Now in total control, Gallywix exiled Maldy and his daughter from Kezan, and later arranged his (supposedly accidental) death. His assistant, Thissy Steeltack paid some assassins to kill him while swimming in a pool. He fired her.
Gallywix and his current chief enforcer, Druz, were childhood friends. Later in life, Gallywix's own late mother attempted to kill him at least twice; the trade prince had a painting named commissioned to depict her.
While he would grow fat in later life, in his youth Gallywix was apparently a strong and lucid street fighter.
The Bilgewater Cartel dug really deep into Kezan in order to mine more kaja'mite ore, create Kaja'Cola and please their customers. While digging, they discovered a small vein of Azerite and one smart miner took a chunk of it discreetly. He wanted to give it to Gallywix as a token of his esteem, or, in other words, bribe him. Gallywix took the substance, fashioned it into the orb ornamenting his cane and kept it as a secret for years.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
More than twenty years later, on the eve of the Cataclysm, Gallywix owns a villa and a yacht but is on the verge of losing his position as Trade Prince and views the adventurer - apparently a former protege of Gallywix's - as his rival for the office. When Deathwing causes Mount Kajaro to erupt, his position is greatly enhanced because he holds the only ship out of Kezan. Anyone who wishes to escape the island - including the adventurer - must use his or her life savings to purchase a ticket, later becoming Gallywix’s slave. The ship is en route to Azshara when they are fired upon and sunk by an Alliance vessel in the crossfire of a naval battle with the Horde just off the coast of the Lost Isles. The Trade Prince turns out to have survived the Alliance attack and is one of the first goblins saved by the adventurer on the island. He appears with the other goblin survivors immediately afterwards. Later, after the adventurer rescues former Warchief Thrall, Gallywix arrives and swears vengeance upon the adventurer and the other goblins of his own cartel, using Foreman Dampwick's rocket sling and escapes.
He later enslaves members of the Bilgewater Cartel and uses them as slaves in the Gallywix Labor Mine. At this point he is able to turn the adventurer's friend (and female adventurer's ex-boyfriend) Chip Endale to his side. After Chip's death, Gallywix begins going out with Candy Cane (the male adventurer's ex-girlfriend). However, she is soon killed by a group of goblin adventurers who also cut out her heart.
The orc survivors of the naval battle eventually team up with the surviving goblins of the Bilgewater Cartel to confront the traitorous Gallywix in the conclusion of the goblin starting zone. The adventurer and Thrall fight and defeat the Trade Prince, but Gallywix surrenders and promises to reform how he runs the cartel. Thrall allows Gallywix to remain as the Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, informs him that the cartel will have a new home in Azshara, and offers for them to join the Horde. Gallywix then swears his loyalty to the Horde. Unfortunately Gallywix seems to resume his poor treatment of the adventurer almost immediately, as evidenced by his refusal to talk to the adventurer or grant pay raises during the ride to Orgrimmar.
Joining the Horde
With the Bilgewater goblins now in the trenches with the bigger brutes of the Horde, a significant number of trampling deaths have been reported. Normally unconcerned with such matters, Trade Prince Gallywix was alarmed to learn that Garrosh’s Forsaken accountants refused to pay soldier death benefits if the soldiers never got to the actual battle, and accidental stomps caused by tauren maneuvers made it extremely difficult to calculate how many goblins had made it to the battlefield before they were rendered flat. Gallywix offered a substantial cash reward for an invention that could both lift goblins out of hoof traffic and speed them along at comparable velocities so that goblin soldiers could die in “a calculate-able and reimbursable fashion.” Hundreds of submissions were made. Most exploded upon delivery. In the end, the clear (and relatively undamaged) winner was the sturdy transport trike created by the remarkably aged Jibidiah Gragglefutz.
Following the Bilgewater Cartel's admission into the Horde, Gallywix seems to have engaged in some damage control - mostly for his own public image - and declared that unlike the other goblin cartels, the Bilgewater Cartel will not hamstring itself with neutrality; instead leaping at the chance to join a superpower such as the Horde. He appears to have conveniently left out the fiasco with Thrall.
Gallywix takes up residence in Azshara; quickly having the "Gallywix Pleasure Palace" constructed, complete with a gigantic stone monument depicting his head and a top hat. However, Gallywix himself is currently no-where to be found, and Boss Mida seems to be holding things together in his apparent absence.
Tides of War
When Baine made his way to Grommash Hold, he was greeted by Gallywix in a surprisingly friendly matter, calling him "Friend Baine", and even asked him about news of Mulgore. He was excited for his first visit to Grommash Hold. Gallywix was present at the Horde leader meeting called by Warchief Garrosh Hellscream, and saw value (unsurprisingly, financial value) in the warchief's plan to remove the Alliance from the continent—starting with Theramore. Like Lor'themar Theron, Gallywix did not critique Garrosh's decisions; though while the regent lord was subtly specific in his loyalty to the Horde as a whole rather than Garrosh, Gallywix made no such allusions.
Gallywix rallied the troops before the assault begins, his unlikely presence on the battlefield something Garrosh noted positively. The trade prince made several comical attempts to embrace the warchief, though a bewildered Garrosh drew the line at patting him on the top hat instead.
Some time after the pandaren joined the Horde, Grizzek Fizzwrench, a Bilgewater engineer, decided to abandon Azshara, the cartel and the Horde. Jastor and Grizzek thus made a deal: the trade prince would allow it if Grizzek left his inventions with him. Grizzek agreed, and took only his personal supplies and left for Tanaris.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
Though Gallywix was, at first, not present on Pandaria, he sent an army of goblins to accompany Garrosh on his campaign. Jastor remained in contact with the goblins, making clear that orders from Gallywix or his officers overrule the authority of any other Horde official. Gallywix's true (and somewhat low) opinion on Garrosh was also revealed, when he offhandedly mentioned that Garrosh was likely to bankrupt himself in the war.
The Blank Scroll
Gallywix later arrived on Pandaria himself with another raid of goblins (aptly dubbed the Plundersquad Initiative), which he set to the task of uncovering powerful artifacts on the continent. His presence was ostensibly to "inspire" the troops, though the trade prince spending most of his time aboard his flagship zeppelin hosting parties and living in comfort (said "uberzeppelin" boasting both rum slides and pudding jacuzzis) had evoked only contempt. Gallywix was accompanied by his childhood friend and top enforcer, Druz.
Some of his own followers came to doubt the merit of this mission, fearful that Gallywix would hand over any weaponry they uncovered to their "lunatic" Warchief. As it happens, Gallywix was after these items as leverage for himself, not trusting them in the hands of anyone else. Inside a lorevault, Druz and Ziya acquired an enigmatic scroll during their encounter with Lorewalker Shuchun, and intended to give it to Gallywix.
However, the two were treated to a vision of the future this would lead to: Gallywix would refuse to use the scroll, electing to hide the weapon instead. Rumours of Gallywix keeping the scroll for himself would ripple through the land, and Garrosh, branding the trade prince a traitor, would invade Azshara and assault Jastor's palace in a swathe of destruction. Gallywix himself would don his spider-tank and protect the scroll by challenging Garrosh directly, though would lose the battle after putting up a surprisingly passionate fight; on the cusp of defeat, he would eject himself from the tank and dive into Garrosh, grabbing the orc's tusks and smashing his forehead into Garrosh's face, like the street fighter Jastor had once been. Still, he would end the fight dead, accidentally killed by his loyal enforcer Druz. In the months following Gallywix's death and Garrosh's acquisition of the Blank Scroll, the world would be plunged into terror and destruction under Hellscream's rule; the races of Azeroth fighting and dying side-by-side, until the Burning Legion itself arrived to finish off a world bereft of its champions.
Having been granted this terrifying vision, Gallywix's subordinates fearfully chose to instead leave the scroll in the hands of the Lorewalkers.
It would seem that Gallywix and the Bilgewater Cartel were the last members of the Horde to join the Darkspear Rebellion. Though helping Garrosh to excavate the Heart of Y'Shaarj, they joined the rebellion after the Kor'kron refused to live up to their contract and paid them only a fifth of the promised amount. Grizzle Gearslip, who was actually present, quietly insulted Garrosh's lack of loyalty and ran off. Presumably he eventually delivered this information to Gallywix and thus prompted the Bilgewater Cartel's joining the Rebellion.
Siege of Orgrimmar
Gallywix is present along with the rest of the Horde's leadership (barring Ji Firepaw, who was injured earlier in the siege) at the defeat and arrest of Garrosh. When Thrall names Vol'jin the new Warchief, Gallywix tips his hat and bows in respect.
Jastor was invited to attend the trial of Garrosh Hellscream in the Temple of the White Tiger alongside the other Horde leaders. When the Horde and Alliance leaders met at the temple a few days prior to the start of the trial, Jastor loudly argued that the Alliance shouldn't be involved in the trial at all and that Garrosh should instead be tried by his peers so he could make proper compensation to those he had wronged. Gelbin Mekkatorque retorted that Gallywix meant monetary compensation. Jastor replied that "That would be an acceptable form, yes".
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Gallywix was present when a dying Vol'jin returned from the Battle for Broken Shore and named Sylvanas Windrunner Warchief before dying in Grommash Hold and subsequently attended his funeral ceremony in Durotar and fought against demon assassins revealed by the Illidari. He then personally led the defense of Azshara during the Legion Invasions from the Orgrimmar Rear Gate.
As the Legion's invasion raged on, Gallywix holed himself up inside the Gallywix Pleasure Palace, but Marin Noggenfogger wanted Gallywix' one-of-a-kind Love Potion #6 in order to replicate it and make himself rich. A Shadow of the Uncrowned sneaked into Gallywix's palace at Noggenfogger's request while Gallywix was relaxing in his sauna and stole the potion.
When a Horde adventurer reaches Prestige Rank 2, Jastor can be found in the Undercity alongside other notable leaders of the Horde. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner that congratulates the character for their battles against the Alliance, following their receiving of the from the Warchief, as well as an artifact appearance.
Upon the Legion's defeat, Sargeras impaled Silithus with his sword, causing a mysterious new substance to flow to the surface. When this occurred, the mineral sample that the Bilgewater Cartel had uncovered on Kezan years prior and which Gallywix had used as a cane adornment suddenly changed color from red to gold and regained its original, extraordinary properties. The trade prince was the first to realize what this meant and immediately sent goblins to mine the mineral in Silithus. This earned him suspicion from Baine and Varok, but on the other hand Warchief Sylvanas was fascinated by the mineral and declared that it would change everything.
Shortly after, Jastor traveled to the Orgrimmar Embassy with the other Horde leaders.
Before the Storm
With Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner's support, Gallywix went on to begin researching and mining Azerite with the intention of eventually commodifying it. Jastor Gallywix, his main enforcer Druz, and a contingent of goblin Bruisers traveled to Tanaris to recruit the engineer Grizzek Fizzwrench to be his main innovator for this endeavor. Grizzek had stipulated that he'd invent for Gallywix if he was allowed freedom to dictate how he worked, what he made, how it was used, and also the assistance of his lab partner Sapphronetta Flivvers. Gallywix reluctantly agreed to Grizzek's demands but to ensure Grizzek's compliance, he also stationed his bruisers and Druz to supervise him while he worked.
Sometime later, Sylvanas and Gallywix had a meeting in the Gallywix Pleasure Palace and Sylvanas threatened Gallywix to hasten the goblins' efforts and to focus entirely on the development of Azerite weapons. Gallywix relayed Sylvanas' orders to Druz who coerced Grizzek and Sapphronetta to shift the focus of their research accordingly. When Gallywix heard Grizzek and Sapphronetta tried to sabotage their work to prevent the Horde from acquiring weapons, Gallywix ordered to confiscate their notes and inventions and to blow up the two inventors. However, unbeknownst to the Bilgewater Cartel's goons, Sapphronetta made sure to secretly destroy their notes before she and Grizzek made their attempted escape. Thus Gallywix would be unable to recreate their experiments and would be left with only a few prototypes and mixed potions.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Gallywix funds the Horde's war campaign and understands Azerite better than any of the other leaders. Gallywix is aboard The Banshee's Wail in Zuldazar. He leads the Horde's expedition into Drustvar on Kul Tiras because of the large amount of azerite beneath the region. He and Eitrigg arrived there, driving his trike and established an outpost.
Though Gallywix was against it, the Horde made a deal with the Venture Company to have them refine Azerite for the Horde's war. When Venture's leader Mogul Razdunk backed out of the deal, Gallywix decided to cut out the middle man and attack Venture Company's Azerite facilities at the MOTHERLODE!! on Kezan.
Unable to resist the allure of the gold of Atal'Dazar, Gallywix looted his Zandalari allies' sacred burial temple. He was confronted not by the Horde or Zandalari, but by the void elf Magister Umbric and an Alliance adventurer, who had chased him down to end his funding of the Horde's war efforts. Gallywix escaped to his pleasure palace in Azshara, but they followed. They battled Gallywix at the palace only for it to turn out to be an imposter as the real Gallywix flew off.
Tides of Vengeance
Gallywix acquired a new mech suit powered by Azerite, Gallywix's Mech of Death, but had problems acquiring fuel due to Azerite elementals at the Bilgewater Bonanza in Zuldazar. With the G.M.O.D refueled, Gallywix brought it to Drustvar to fight off Gelbin Mekkatorque and his remote-controlled robotic forces who were attacking Krazzlefrazz Outpost and Arom's Crossing. Once the attack was fought off, Gallywix faced Mekkatorque and his mech suit in the air above Drustvar only for the G.M.O.D to run out of fuel, giving Mekkatorque the chance to knock Gallywix out of the sky. Once the G.M.O.D was operational again, Gallywix attacked Mekkatorque's airship The Strider above Tiragarde Sound to draw out Mekkatorque. As they fought The Strider began to fall apart and so Mekkatorque fled, leaving Gallywix to wonder how to break through his mech's Proto Layered Optimal Titan Armor. On the flight back to the surface, Gallywix mused that if he had never told Sylvanas about Azerite, then perhaps the entire Blood War never would have happened, and Teldrassil and Undercity would still be standing... only to laugh and state that he doesn't actually care, as he has a robot shooting lasers made of the planet's blood.
Gallywix battled Mekkatorque during the Siege of Zuldazar.
After Sylvanas called for the leaders of the Horde to gather in Warfang Hold within Stormsong Valley, Gallywix, knowing that this meeting would be a big deal, sold tickets to the event. When Baine was arrested and Zelling was killed for their parts in freeing Derek Proudmoore from Horde captivity, Gallywix admits that he didn't see it coming but wished he'd known ahead of time so that he could have charged double for admission.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Kezan (starting zone)||??||79,870|
|The Lost Isles||??||49,130|
|Siege of Orgrimmar (instance)||92||337,273,600|
- Expose Armor — Reduces an enemy's armor by 50% for 15 sec.
- Goblin Diplomat
- Coin Toss — Throws a money bag at an enemy, inflicting Physical damage.
Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince
- "Hey, pal. Trade Prince Gallywix here. You’re holding this book in your hands because you wanna be like me. Who wouldn’t? There ain’t a goblin alive more powerful and dangerous than me. I can give you everything you need to succeed."
- "I never cover up the things I’m proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal, slap a toll booth on it, and charge refugees the last of their pocket change, the rings off their fingers, a bite of their sandwiches, and a contractual obligation to build me a rocket palace in the skies of Nagrand. It’s the goblin way! Supply and demand! Deal with it!"
- "Years passed. I’m not gonna give you a detailed receipt of all the businesses I took over, started, sold, or destroyed. I won: that’s all. I won everything I wanted."
- "Cautious is boring. The moguls and financiers of Bilgewater had decided they wanted a younger, more aggressive trade prince in Maldy’s place. Guess who."
- "So. You got an hour to get off Kezan before I ventilate your daughter and drop you headfirst into Mount Kajaro. How’s that for ruthless?"
- "You might be wondering if I have any regrets. Sure, I exiled the love of my life within ten minutes of meeting her and arranged the later, thoroughly accidental death of my never-to-be father-in-law. Everyone I’ve ever known has tried to betray me. I am alone. HA! Right. Oh, no, my limitless wealth and power are all I have! How tragic! Send me sympathy money."
- "You’re never gonna beat me. There’s never been a trap I couldn’t turn to my advantage. Even when that goblin I’m not gonna name tried to get that brute of an orc Thrall to kill me, I still ended up on top."
- "You bought my book, which makes us pals, right? Right. So, in the unlikely event that you live longer than me, there’s only one thing you need to do to take over the goblin race. Win."
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
- Main article: Waltz Right In#Notes
- Main article: Life Savings (quest)#Notes
- Main article: Goblin Escape Pods#Notes
- Main article: Up, Up & Away!#Notes
- Main article: Final Confrontation#Notes
- Who let you in here? Oh, no matter...what do you want?
- Sorry, no more open servant positions...wait...that's not why you're here?
- Unless you're the new groundskeeper, I don't have time to talk to you.
- Behold, the majesty of Gallywix Pleasure Palace...now get out, you're tracking dirt in!
- Stay out of my pool!
- You wanna fight? You got it.
- Killing a player
- No-one attacks the big G, and lives!
- Eat It!
- What's this I hear about a party? I wasn't invited!
- You're all lazy! Get back to work. Especially you, <name>!
- It's demotions for everyone if the Sharks beat the Buccaneers!
- Is that you, <name>? What are you doing away from headquarters? Get back to work!
- All hail the greatest trade prince on Azeroth... me!
- Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Unpaid overtime is approved for all!
- Drink !
- I'm beginning to regret promoting you, <name>!
- Talking to him
- You think you can just waltz in here and take my spot? Think again, boy!
- I've heard the whispering in the boardroom. The people you've surrounded yourself with at headquarters are all boot-licking sycophants who will do anything to get ahead. I should know... I hired all of them.
- Your meteoric rise to power is a fluke, and I'm fully prepared to knock you down a gear or two! Watch your step, <name>. Who knows when you're going to need me on your side?
- <The trade prince lowers his voice to barely a whisper.>
- Don't think for a moment that I've forgotten how much I despise you, <name>, rescue or not.
- Don't worry your simple head. I'll get my revenge soon enough, mark my words!
- You'll fare far worse than being my slave. There'll be no escape for you this time.
- Oh, I think we all know who's really responsible for the mess we're in! Don't worry, I'm going to see to it that <name> gets what he deserves!
- Nobody panic! I'll see to it we get off of this deplorable island. You'll see... I've got it all planned out!
- Never fear, Trade Prince Gallywix is here. We'll be on our way to our new home in Azshara before you know it! Despite the bumbling interference of <name>. (voice over says "of you-know-who")
- I can't help but think that if it weren't for the meddling of <name> back on Kezan, we'd all be safe and sound in Azshara by now.
- I've got my eye on you, <name>. Let's just say that only one of us will be leaving this island, and that goblin's name begins with Trade Prince!
- I want you all to listen good... anyone who's not with me can start looking for a new job!
- No worries, everyone. This is just a short pit stop on our way to our new home.
- You thought to take my place on Kezan, <name>? You reach too far! I made you what you were... were being the operative word. You're nothing now. Nothing!
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
- Main article: Garrosh Hellscream (tactics)#Quotes
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Before the Storm
- "You're a cutie and a smarty, so I'll tell you nicely. We're in a world that's always going to be at war, sweet cheeks, and the only ones to survive it are the ones with the biggest weapons. Grizzek here understands. You gnomes seem to have problems with that concept. Sure, sure, this Azerite does all the things you say it's gonna do. We will make buildings, and cure sickness, and save lives. But we are also going to grind the Alliance down beneath our heels, and, Miss Smarty-Pants, you need to decide if you're gonna be on the winning side when that all goes down. Believe me when I say I hope so."
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
- Let's get down to business.
- Time, money, you get the drift.
- Make it snappy, kid.
- Step right up, pal!
- "Penny for my thoughts"? You gotta do better than that!
- You better be here to make me money.
- No time like the present... to get rich.
- A body doesn't get into this shape by accident. I take gluttony veeeery seriously.
- You're just jealous of my Pleasure Palace!
- Move along, before I call in the muscle. I'm a personal friend of the Warchief, y'know!
- The last "hero" who pestered me ended up re-assigned to a construction project... as part of the foundation.
- Thanks for keepin' it short, pal.
- We done? Gotta get to my lobe massage appointment.
- I got a card game to get back to.
- Leave the thinkin' to me, kid.
- I'm always three steps ahead of the competition.
- Move along. I got deadlines to meet.
- This conversation stays between us, got it?
Yeah, sure. Allies. I get it.
But I got a business to run, see. And a rather delicate operation in the works.
So how about you handle your end and I'll handle mine.
On the Banshee's Wail
- Gallywix, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what do you think of Derek Proudmoore's revival?
- Ohh, the Alliance is gonna be fumin' over this one! They're gonna come at us, guns blazin'. You know what that means, right?
- It means my profit margins on Azerite armor plating are gonna go through the roof! I gotta double--no, triple--my mining operations! It's a good thing I don't pay my goons overtime. Or at all.
- Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go see a warchief about supply and demand. Scram!
- Wish I'd known things were gonna heat up this much. I coulda charged DOUBLE for admission!
Gallywix appears as a legendary card for the rogue class in the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Gallywix believes in supply and demand. He supplies the beatings and demands you pay up!"
Notes and trivia
- According to Grizzek Fizzwrench, Jastor refers to Azerite as "My Path to Ruling Azeroth with Lots of Statues to Glorious Me."
- There's a rumor that he sleeps on piles of money in his bedroom in the Pleasure Palace.
- He is a seller on the Black Market Auction House, where he sells crafting patterns.
- In an early Cataclysm demo, this character was called Trade Prince Maldy. By the start of Cataclysm's closed beta, Maldy had been renamed to Trade Prince Gallywix. There still is a reference to Gallywix's old name, with the item saying that Maldy was the predecessor to Gallywix as Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, and the short story Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince further expanded on Maldy as his own standalone character.
- Most artwork of Gallywix, as well as the Mount Rushmore-style monument of himself carved into the mountain near his palace in Azshara, shows him as a large and overweight goblin with a top hat, but until Patch 7.2.0 his model was a normal goblin without a hat. In 7.2 he was given a unique model matching his artwork and the monument that uses pygmy animations, including new physics tech to animate his jowels.
- This makes Gallywix the second racial leader to use a different animation skeleton than the rest of his race. The first is Sylvanas Windrunner.
- When standing, Jastor's belly sticks out almost two full paces in front of him.
- Jastor absolutely loves his distinctive top hat, which serves as a symbol of his status and position.
- One of Gallywix's on-click quotes, "Stay out of my pool", is reminiscent of a quote frequently spoken by Carl Brutananadilewski, a character from the television show Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- Many of Gallywix's click sayings talk about his Azshara home, even on Kezan, before his palace is even built. In the game files, Gallywix also has voice files for being aggroed, killing adventurers, and his death, but these haven't been implemented into the game as of yet.
- Gallywix is sometimes referred to as the "Big G", both by himself and by Jordle Flanglebender. Boss Mida also uses this title, though in reference to another "Big G" - Garrosh Hellscream. Grizzek Fizzwrench mockingly calls him "Gally-boy".
- Despite his status as something of a pariah, Gallywix retains the belief that he is the archetypal goblin, and the ruthless embodiment of what it takes to be a successful trade prince. Grizzek, on the other hand, regards him as the worst that can possibly be said about goblins: cunning, selfish, arrogant, completely ruthless, and without remorse.
- Gallywix's relationship with the adventurer draws parallels to that of Tony Montana and Frank Lopez in the acclaimed 1983 gangster movie Scarface. While Tony started out as a protege under Lopez, he would quickly develop his own ambitions to take over the aging Lopez's role and (criminal) empire, including his luxury estate, with his own friends and followers. Though, unlike Lopez, Gallywix is not dethroned so easily and even talks his way into retaining his status following his defeat - while Lopez's attempts to coerce Tony into showing mercy ended with his demise.
- Gallywix's pirate mother appears to be deceased. He had a painting drawn to illustrate her, named .
- can be fished up from the fountain in the version of Dalaran.
- Jastor recently ordered dozens of Jeweled Onyx Panthers to roam the grounds of his pleasure palace.
- Gallywix was voiced by an unknown actor in Cataclysm and is voiced by Darin De Paul since World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Gallywix's generic name in Drustvar is Goblin Diplomat.
Trade Prince Gallywix by Wei Wang.
Gallywix leaves his mark, as seen from the Rocketway.
Gallywix's model before patch 7.2.0.
Gallywix's model in Patch 7.3.5.
- Seeking Fate
- Hellscream's Downfall (Horde)
- The Story of Trade Prince Gallywix
- Legion Epilogue (Horde)
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Model slightly updated.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- The Future of Gallywix - Speculation page about his possible future.
- ^ a b Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 151
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 150
- ^ a b c d e f g Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince
- ^ The Blank Scroll, pg 3
- ^ a b The Blank Scroll, pg. 4
- ^ a b The Blank Scroll, pg. 9
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 3
- ^ http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17062-cataclysm-hands-on-goblin-starting-experience
- ^ Goblin Race Page on Battle.net
- ^ http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/faction/bilgewater-cartel
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- ^ a b c Before the Storm, chapter 6
- ^ Bilgewater Cartel Contract
- ^ War Crimes, chapter 2
- ^ Legion Epilogue Horde Cinematic
- ^ It Belongs in my Mech!
- ^ The Right Mech for the job
- ^ Test Case 1 - Mech vs. Mekkatorque
- ^ Mech vs. Airship
- ^ Tickets, Please
- ^ a b Before the Storm, chapter 25
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 18
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 20
- ^ Jeremy Feasel on Twitter.
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 21
- ^ Artstation
|Trade Prince Gallywix||Generic name|
Trade Prince Maldy
Leader of the Bilgewater Cartel