Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia
August 19, 2009
August 21, 2018
over 370,000 (2018)
Federal Association of Interactive Entertainment Software
Gamescom (stylized as gamescom) is the world's largest gaming event and Europe's biggest trade fair for video games, held annually at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. It is used by many video game developers to exhibit their upcoming games, including Blizzard Entertainment present every year.
Blizzard announced on April 30, 2019, that they will not be attending gamescom 2019.
- Tychus Findlay, the latest co-op commander.
Gamescom 2017 was held on August 22-26. With over 350,000 attendees, attendees were able to run through the new dungeon Seat of the Triumvirate that was introduced in patch 7.3. The World of Warcraft European Championship Finals took place at the World of Warcraft stage with a share of $100,000 and a chance to compete in the World of Warcraft Arena World Championship Finals at BlizzCon 2017. A live Darkmoon Faire was present at the Blizzard booth during the event including activities like an airbrush makeup station and photo opportunities with iconic World of Warcraft statues and items.
- Animated short: Rise and Shine
Gamescom 2016 was held on August 17-21.
- Machines of War event
- Diablo 20th Anniversary event (across all franchises)
Gamescom 2015 was held on August 5-9.
- World of Warcraft: Legion announced
- Back2Warcraft did the World Cyber Arena 2015.
Gamescom 2014 was held on August 13-17. Blizzard had the biggest ever booth this year.
Gamescom 2013 was held on August 21-25. On August 24, a costume contest took place with the first winner getting an award for a paid trip to BlizzCon 2013 and the second winner winning an Alienware 14 gaming laptop worth about €1,700. On August 25, a dance contest took place.
Gamescom 2012 was held on August 15-19 in Cologne, Germany. The Blizzard Entertainment booth was located in Hall 6.1 (B21). The european World of Warcraft Invitational tournament took place on August 19.
Gamescom 2011 was held on August 17-21.
Gamescom 2010 was held on August 19-22 in Cologne, Germany. The Blizzard Entertainment booth was located in Hall B21 and B31.
The Blizzard at gamescom 2018 mobile app was released on August 15, 2018, for the 2018 gamescom.
- ^ Ian Dransfield 2018-08-30. Gamescom 2018 welcomes 370,000 attendees from 114 countries. MCV. Retrieved on 2018-09-27.
- ^ Blizzard and gamescom 2019. Blizzard Entertainment (2019-04-30). Retrieved on 2019-05-09.
- ^ Blizzard at gamescom 2018. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-05-15). Retrieved on 2018-05-15.
- ^ Squishei 2017-08-23. Gamescom 2017 - Blizzard Reveal Ceremony Liveblog. Wowhead.
- ^ Ben Barrett 2016-08-16. Blizzard's Gamescom 2016 announcements: new content for Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II and Overwatch. PCGamesN. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved on 2018-02-15.
- ^ perculia 2016-08-17. Blizzard at gamescom: Return to Karazhan Patch 7.1. Wowhead.
- ^ Blizzard at gamescom 2014. Blizzard Entertainment (2014-06-20). Retrieved on 2018-04-07.
- ^ Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Unveiled. Blizzard Entertainment (2019-08-13). Archived from the original on 2013-11-03.
- ^ Nakatoir 2012-08-10. European World of Warcraft Invitational at gamescom 2012. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2018-02-24.
- ^ World Premiere of Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic. Blizzard Entertainment (2012-06-29). Retrieved on 2018-02-24.