|Location||Heart of Fear|
Garalon is the third boss in Heart of Fear.
- 1 Background
- 2 Spells and abilities
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Loot
- 5 Related Achievements
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Videos
- 8 Patches and hotfixes
- 9 External links
It may be time to reconsider stepping on bugs. Don't make fun of this hulking behemoth's tiny wings; that'll just make him angry.
Spells and abilities
- 10: 218.1M
- 10H: 290.8M
- LFR: 349.2M
- 25: 654.2M
- 25H: 872.3M
- Furious Swipe — Garalon performs a Furious Swipe to targets in a large cone in front of him, inflicting 200,000[Notes 1] Physical damage. If Garalon fails to hit at least 2 targets with his Furious Swipe, he gains Fury.
- Crush — Garalon crushes his foes, inflicting 75,000[Notes 2] Physical damage to all players. Any player within 14 yards receives an additional 800,000 Physical damage as Garalon's body slams down upon them. Garalon's massive bulk also knocks down all players for 2 sec. Garalon crushes foes whenever he detects their presence beneath him. In Normal Difficulty, Garalon also crushes foes when Pheromones passes to a new target. In Heroic Difficulty, Garalon periodically crushes foes.
- Pheromones — Garalon surrounds a player with powerful pheromones, fixating on the target. Every 2 sec. the Pheromones inflict 10,000[Notes 3] Nature damage to all players and Pungency on the target, then spawn a Pheromone Trail. Pheromones pass to allies in close proximity.
- Pungency — Exposure to Garalon's Pheromones renders the player extra pungent, increasing Pheromone damage by 10% for 1.25 min. This effect stacks.
- Pheromone Trail — The Pheromone Trail on the ground inflicts 25,000[Notes 4] Nature damage to players within 4 yards.
- Massive Crush — Garalon crushes his foes, inflicting 10,000,000 Physical damage to all enemies. Hard Enrage Spell, used after 12 minutes of combat.
Players attack Garalon's legs separately from his body.
- 10: 6.5M
- 10H: 8.7M
- LFR: 10.5M
- 25: 19.6M
- 25H: 26.2M
- Weak Point — Close proximity to Garalon's leg allows attackers to see weak points, increasing their damage dealt to the leg by 100%.
- Broken Leg — Breaking one of Garalon's legs damages Garalon for 3% of his maximum health and reduces Garalon's movement speed by 15%. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Mend Leg — Garalon periodically mends one of his broken legs, restoring it to full health.
- Damaged — In Heroic difficulty, Garalon gains the Damaged effect upon reaching 33% remaining health.
Have a tank or range or healer pull Garalon, and slowly kite him around the room by moving out of pheromone trail pools. The tanks should stay within Furious Swipe range, but not directly on top of the Pheromone-debuffed tank, and soak the swipes to prevent Garalon from gaining Fury.
The raid should run into position AFTER the pheromones are out on your first kiter. Otherwise, you run the risk of someone else grabbing the debuff and confusing the entire process, most likely wiping that pull. As soon as the dps and heals are stacked on Garalon's leg, hero/lust and blow up as many legs as you can in order to slow the boss' movement and get a head start on the hard enrage timer. The dps requirement for this boss can be quite demanding, given the amount of movement and switching that takes place.
Have your dps focus fire on the legs through lust, and don't stack your raid group on the front leg that leads the boss' turn (if you're kiting the boss clockwise, you don't want to stack on the boss' front-right leg, as the boss will be continually turn into that point, and you run the risk of having your raid group soak the frontal cone aoe damage that is meant for the tanks, and you also run the risk of accidentally giving the pheromones to someone in the stack, which will mean a wipe).
The pheromone pungency debuff has a 2 minute duration, so you'll need at least 4 kiters in normal mode. If you switch at 20 stacks of the pheromone debuff, the timing should be just about right for the 4 kiters to drop their stacks.
Keep in mind that Garalon will crush the entire raid with AOE on every pheromone swap, so you'll need to have the raid topped off at every pheromone exchange. It's important that the pheromone kiter does not take the boss' frontal cleave, meant for the tanks, as it will most likely lead to certain death. Also note that you will be briefly knocked down/stunned on each crush, so the phoramone kiter will try to avoid being stunned while standing in a pheromone puddle, as they deal quite a bit of damage.
DPS should attack Garalon's legs. Standing within the light-blue circles around the legs confers a damage buff.
All players should avoid standing on top of the tanks and in the purple circle beneath Garalon. If the encounter is handled properly, Garalon will never gain Fury, and will only Crush during pheromone swaps (reg and heroic).
- yells: Pitiful, wingless grubs. You step into my domain, and I will hear your death screams as you plummet from this terrace!
- Wind Lord Mel'jarak yells: Set'thik, in formation! Show them who controls the winds of Pandaria!
- Wind Lord Mel'jarak yells: Breath of the empress, bring mighty Garalon to us!
- Wind Lord Mel'jarak yells: Garalon, grind their bones to dust!
- Wind Lord Mel'jarak yells: Impossible! Set'thik, Zet'thik, Kor'thik, to the top of the terrace! We must defend the Empress!
- Garalon - Fury Warrior, Raid Finder
- Garalon Live Servers (1080p) - Mage, Boss voice, Vent
- Garalon Live Servers (1080p) - Mage, Boss voice, Vent
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-04-10): "Garalon's enrage timer has been increased to 12 minutes, up from 7 minutes in 10-player and 25-player Normal difficulty."
- Hotfix (2012-11-06): "The Raid Finder version of Garalon is now tuned more appropriately for Raid Finder groups. His health has been significantly reduced, and Furious Swipe now deals significantly less damage."
- Hotfix (2012-11-01): "
- Garalon will now take longer before he casts Massive Crush.
- Garalon now mends his injured legs more frequently in Normal mode.