Garn are a species of massive, black wolves that are native to Frostfire Ridge on Draenor. According to Maraad, they are amongst the most vicious and cunning predators on Draenor. They always hunt in packs.
Explorers in Frostfire Ridge should be wary of the frostwolf's undomesticated cousin, the dangerous garn. These enormous beasts, twice the mass of an Azerothian bear, are identified by their massive jaws and jet-black fur. Even the Frostwolf orcs fear the unruly and wild garn.
The garn are primarily known for their ferocity, but they are only slightly lesser well known for their sumptuous furry pelts.
As a mount
- Main article: Wolf mounts
- The garn were specifically created in World of Warcraft for their role in Lords of War.
- The word "garn" is likely inspired by Garm or Garmr, the guard dog of the underworld Hel in Norse mythology.
- "Garn" also means "yarn" in several Nordic languages, as well as being an obsolete English term for yarn.
- Several dark wolves later seen in the ranks of the Old Horde (Darkwolves), Shadow Council (Dark Worgs) and Iron Horde (Ironmarch War Wolves) might have been domesticated garn.