Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Garr (world boss)
- For the original encounter in Molten Core, see Garr.
|Race||Lava elemental (Elemental)|
|Level||?? Rare Boss|
|Location||West of Sulfuron Spire, Mount Hyjal|
- Antimagic Pulse — Dispels magic on players within 45 yards, removing 1 beneficial spell effect.
- Magma Shackles — Reduces the movement speed of players within 45 yards by 60% for 10 sec. Can be dispelled.
- Massive Eruption — Deals 185,000 to 215,000 Fire damage to players within 30 yards and knocks them back.
- Eruption — Deals 46,250 to 53,750 Fire damage to players within 15 yards and knocks them back. Cast on death.
Garr has six Firesworn following him. These can be pulled separately from the boss and should be killed before Garr is pulled to make him considerably easier. Everytime a FIresworn dies, they will deal roughly 50,000 damage to anyone close to them so melee should move away when they're about to die.
Once all the Firesworn are dead, the tank can pull Garr. Ranged should try to stay at maximum range. Garr will periodically dispel any magic buffs the group have and will cast Magma shackles on the group. This should be dispelled from melee as soon as possible.
Every 30 seconds, Garr will begin to cast Massive Eruption. All melee must run away from Garr when he begins casting this or they will die. If you do die, it is possible to release spirit and rejoin the fight.
Other than the slow debuff and the Massive Eruption, this is a rather straight-forward fight.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Loot from the creatures Garr, Julak-Doom, Mobus, Akma'Hat,[sic] Xariona, and Poseidus has been adjusted to be commensurate to their rarity and invested effort.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.