Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Tips and tactics
- Garrote is used more often in raids because of the fact that most mobs in raids are immune to .
- For targets not immune to stuns it's best used after opening with Cheap Shot (unless at full CP, at which point it's best to use and then Garrote).
- Garrote's silence effect makes it a highly viable opener versus casters who can shake off a stun or immediately react to an ambush with a detrimental effect that can turn the fight around, such as . See silence effect for general tips on usage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-02-03): "Damage increased by 4%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now only available to Assassination rogues. Can now be used outside Stealth, but only silenced if used from Stealth. Damage increased by 1400%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer requires the rogue to be behind the target.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now costs 45 Energy, down from 50.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Fixed a bug where the Silence effect was getting resisted too often.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Garrote now has a silence effect in addition to its bleed (only for Rank 7 and above).
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The damage from this ability has been increased. In addition, Garrote now increases in potency with greater attack power.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Garrote.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage increased.