A gas cloud is a small pocket of floating gas that forms in certain regions; its type of gas depends on its current location. They can be seen by anyone, and anyone with a resource nodes, gas clouds are mobile. Sometimes a cloud will be in an inaccessible location, in which case players need to wait for it to move into range before harvesting it.in their bags can track them on the minimap, but only engineers using the can acquire the gas within. Unlike other
- Arcane Vortexes in Netherstorm for
- Felmist in Shadowmoon Valley for
- Swamp Gas in Zangarmarsh and The Steamvault for
- Windy Clouds in Nagrand for
- Arctic Clouds in Howling Fjord, Dragonblight, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown produce and .
- Cinder Clouds in the Savage Thicket in Sholazar Basin, Cauldron of Flames in Wintergrasp, and Obsidian Dragonshrine in Dragonblight produce .
- Steam Clouds in Sholazar Basin and around the Geyser Fields and Scalding Pools in Borean Tundra produce and .
Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Windy Clouds in Nagrand now produce .
Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Swamp Gas in Zangarmarsh now produce instead of .