Gatekeeper's Challenge: Tenacity
110 (Requires 110)
+150 Argussian Reach
Overcome the Trial of Tenacity.
- Enter the Gatekeeper's Alcove
- Complete the Trial of Tenacity
My master Archimonde was not known for his willingness to suffer indecision.
He preferred to teach by rewarding frustration with more frustration-- punishment with more punishment. Absolute conviction was required to succeed under him.
At the opposite end of the Conservatory you will find a large structure. Once inside, your goal is to overcome all the obstacles placed before you.
Emerge unscathed and I will be forced to consider your will strong enough to proceed.
Take all the time you need. Failure is an art, I hear.
You may be worthy of the Conservatory's secrets, if you survive that long.
- +150 reputation with Argussian Reach
Travel east on your minimap until you find the Gatekeeper's Image in front of the large building. Speak to it to begin the trial.
- Are you ready to begin the Trial of Tenacity?
I am ready.
- Gatekeeper's Image says: This challenge is very simple. Enter, and proceed until you reach the other side of the structure.
- Quoram speaks frankly, then ends with a verbal smirk.
- Gatekeeper's Image says: It is designed to kill you. Best of luck.
- The image teleports further in.
The first part consists of tiles on the ground alternating between purple and red, the latter of which you'll to avoid stepping on. Once you're past it, the Gatekeeper will speak again:
- Gatekeeper's Image says: Try not to let the beams touch you. I imagine it is quite painful.
The second part is two-fold: Avoiding the lasers and the orbs that travel from side to side. This is best accomplished by waiting for when the orbs are traveling from right to left, then run across once the orbs are past the halfway point. Once you're past that area, the Gatekeeper will taunt you again:
- Gatekeeper's Image says: Mind the stairs.
Third part involves avoiding the orbs that are rolling down while attempting to reach Gatekeeper on the final floor. Wait for an orb to roll past, then quickly run up and to the side of a small ledge overhang. The gatekeeper itself will sometimes roll an orb that travels straight ahead to fall off the overhang, so be mindful of that. Proceed to the end point when there's a break in the rolling orbs.
- Gatekeeper's Image says: Oh, you made it. Wonderful.
Speak to the Gatekeeper to complete the trial.
- I see that you are either very fast or very persistent. But is it enough to prove your tenacity I wonder?
- <Quoram makes a noise akin to humming.>
Is the trial complete?
- Quoram huffs, and grumbles out the last sentence.
- Gatekeeper's Image says: Fine. This trial is complete. Merely because I seem to have run out of space in which to test you.
You can speak to the Gatekeeper again if you're thinking of wanting a quick return to the Conservatory entrance, but...
- I suppose you would like me to return you to the Conservatory entrance.
- Gatekeeper's Image says: I am afraid I cannot allow that, <name>.
Time to mount up and ride back to the Conservatory entrance yourself, then.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.
- Activated 2017-09-05.
- Activated 2017-09-05.