|Race||Iron vrykul (Humanoid)|
|Level||81 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Unyielding Garrison, Halls of Lightning|
General Bjarngrim is an Iron vrykul warrior and the first boss in the Halls of Lightning. He commands the Iron vrykul of the Unyielding Garrison at the entrance to the Halls. He can be skipped if you take a different route.
The iron forces of Loken are legion and their general, Bjarngrim, stands above them all. As the vanguard of Loken's Halls of Lightning, the iron commander ensures that any who trespass in his master's domain are terminated with extreme prejudice.
- Charge Up — While General Bjarngrim is out of combat, he will periodically channel electrical energy, granting himself and any allies he comes within 0 yards of the Temporary Electrical Charge Effect. General Bjarngrim will remain charged until he returns to the location where he cast Charge Up.
- Mortal Strike — General Bjarngrim inflicts Physical damage to a player, leaving them wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 50% for 5 sec.
- Slam — General Bjarngrim slams a player, causing Physical damage.
- Pummel — General Bjarngrim pummels a player, inflicting Physical damage and interrupting their spell casting for 4 sec.
- Battle Aura — General Bjarngrim increases his attack speed and the attack speed of all allies within 0 yards by 25%.
- Whirlwind — General Bjarngrim attacks all players within 0 yards in a whirlwind of steel that lasts 8 sec and inflicts Physical damage on each spin.
- Cleave — General Bjarngrim cleaves a player inflicting Physical damage to them and their nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Intercept — General Bjarngrim charges a player, inflicting Physical damage and stunning them for 3 sec.
- Berserker Aura — General Bjarngrim increases his damage done and the damage done by his allies within 0 yards by 25%.
- Ironform — General Bjarngrim become immune to Bleed, Poison and Disease effects. In addition, he increases his armor by 20% for 8 sec.
- Knock Away — General Bjarngrim knocks all players within 0 yards away, inflicting Physical damage to them.
- Spell Reflection — General Bjarngrim reflects the next magic spell that he is hit with back at its caster.
- Defensive Aura — General Bjarngrim decreases his damage taken and the damage taken by his allies within 0 yards by 25%.
- Arc Weld — Stormforged Lieutenants attempt to weld a player to the ground, causing them to suffer periodic Nature damage while moving for 10 sec.
- Renew Steel — Stormforged Lieutenants repair General Bjarngrim, healing him for 10 (+ 16% of SpellPower)% of his health every 2 seconds for 6 sec.
This boss is found patrolling the platforms in the first room. You can spot him by the lightning buff on him and the two iron dwarfs that accompany him. The lightning buff increases damage by a significant margin so you'll want to pull him on one of the rear platforms.
He patrols on the back half of the square. To get to him you need to clear the trash packs from at least three of the platforms. The shortest route is to clear the first platform, then the one immediately to your right, and then the back right platform. Wait for him to patrol back to that platform and fight him there. Time your attacks and only attack when his temporary electrical charge is down. This happens when he gets to the circles. It is generally easier, and faster, to kill him while the buff is on. This only increases his damage by a small margin on a well-geared tank, and is required for the achievement .
Bjarngrim is set up much like a warrior. About every 20 seconds during the fight he will change stances:
- In defensive stance he hits the tank for ~1k and uses a knockback, an intercept, and a spell reflect.
- In battle stance he hits faster but regularly, and uses a cleave.
- In berserker stance he hits very hard and uses a mortal strike and a whirlwind. The mortal strike hits a well geared tank for more than 8k, and can crit for as much as 14k. When he whirlwinds he hits for about 1k (on plate) several times and will move around the platform. Well-armored characters can endure this attack but it is still better strategy to avoid it, and cloth wearers need to step out of its path.
He has two dwarves that accompany him. On normal difficulty, they have approximately 45000 health. They should be killed first as they can heal him if left alone. They can also be feared, slowed, polymorphed, sapped and trapped.
- I am the greatest of my father's sons! Your end has come!
- Battle stance
- Defend yourself, for all the good it will do!
- Defensive stance
- Give me your worst!
- Berserker stance
- GRAAAAAH! Behold the fury of iron and steel!
- Killing a player
- So ends your curse!
- Flesh... is... weak!
- Bolvin umyol marnjar.
- How can it be...? Flesh is not... stronger!
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.