Horde Ambassador (formerly)
|Former affiliation(s)||Might of Kalimdor|
|Occupation||Mission Specialist of Frostwall|
|Location||Frostwall, Frostfire Ridge|
Warmaster Zog is a fomer Horde ambassador once found in the Military Ward within the dwarf city of Ironforge, but has since become Warmaster of the Horde serving as the Garrison Mission Specialist for Horde players.
World of Warcraft
Zog was a strong orcish soldier who became one of the most trusted lieutenants of Thrall. When the silithid threat was growing greater with each passing day, supplies were needed on the front lines in Kalimdor: food, metals, herbs, and all manner of materials. Orders came in every day, calling for more to be sent. General Zog was sent as an ambassador of the Horde to Ironforge to coordinate the efforts of the Horde and Alliance. During the war effort, he could be found at the Military Ward, always protected by two Ironforge Guards to ensure his security, informing soldiers of the Alliance of the Horde's progress on the task at hand.
He organized the Alliance and Horde to face off against the silithid at the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
Zog, now with the title Warmaster, was sent by Warchief Vol'jin to the Horde's Garrison in Frostwall. He serves as the Mission Specialist. He also sent the adventurer to rescue Olin Umberhide from captivity.
- Lok'tar Commander <name>.
I was sent by Warchief Vol'jin himself to assist you in day to day operations. While you are in the field I can manage, train, and dispatch your troops on missions essential to our survival in this place.
- According to Gazlowe, he likes spikes on buildings. He has them on his shoulder-armor.
- Players who typed /kneel in front of Zog would see a message saying that he acknowledged their obedience.
- Interestingly, if Horde players infiltrated Ironforge and attacked the guards near Zog, He would join the Horde on their assault on the nearby NPCs. Commander Stronghammer, his counterpart, acted the same.
- During the early alpha stages of Warlords of Draenor, Varok Saurfang had Zog's position instead.
- He may have been inspired by the character of General Zod from Superman lore. The quote is even similar, "Kneel before Zod!"