Ghostly Strike (old)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Subtlety, Tier 3
Requires Melee Weapon
- Ghostly Strike increases your dodge chance by 15%, even if the attack fails to hit.
- The ability will be removed at Cataclysm expansion (by the current announcements).
- , will give your next Ghostly Strike a 20% or 40% increased chance to crit after killing an opponent that yields honor or experience. The improved crit chance lasts for 20 seconds.
- increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Ghostly Strike by 6%, 12%, 18%, 24%, or 30%.
- increases the damage dealt by 50% and the duration of its effect by 4 sec., but increases its cooldown by 10 sec.
Tips and tactics
- Ghostly Strike stacks with Evasion, giving you a 65% dodge increase when both abilities are active.
- Ghostly Strike is not affected by weapon speed normalization, so the best weapons to equip when using Ghostly Strike are slow, heavy hitting weapons such as swords and maces.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): If the rogue has a dagger equipped, this ability now deals 180% weapon damage instead of 125%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Fixed a data error that caused Ghostly Strike to generate more threat than intended.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Ghostly Strike no longer deals damage to you when you use it.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Ghostly Strike now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.