As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Gift of the Naaru
|Gift of the Naaru|
The Gift of the Naaru is a blessing bestowed by the divine naaru upon the draenei, and all draenei can tap into this blessing to heal injured allies. The gift manifests in the form of a glowing blue rune or "forehead signet" to signify that they are indeed touched by the Light.
Velen's forehead signet is permanently visible, likely to signify his especially close connection to the naaru.
Notes and tactics
- The amount healed is typically modest compared to most healer class abilities, but don't forget about it - this ability costs no resources, and does not trigger the global cooldown (though it is affected by it).
- Gift of the Naaru is a great panic button for draenei of any class. Since it has no cast time, it can be cast on the run or in a crunch. Priests, paladins or shamans can drop Gift, and then follow it up with a fast heal or two to get back on their feet.
- In raid/instance situations, when the entire group takes massive damage (such as Festergut's Pungent Blight), a draenei can pop this to alleviate some of the stress on the healers.
- It can be cast on other players and although it is not the most powerful heal it can help when thrown into a regular healing rotation.
- Because it doesn't trigger the GCD, tanks (or pretty much anybody) can drop it on themselves to help out with the healing, and not lose too much other work.
- Shadow priests can use this ability even with on.
- The percent heal does not allow you to take advantage of this ability during the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter.
- The allows non-draenei characters to replicate the Gift of the Naaru's forehead signet effect.
- The instead produces the fel-green sigil seen on Tyrant Velhari.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now heals for 20% of their total health over 15 sec at all levels.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The cast time has been removed; it is now an instant cast.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The amount healed is increased based on the caster's spell power or attack power, whichever is higher. In addition, the ability is now immune against pushback effects.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): It now works with , but not with the shaman talent Healing Focus.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Gift of the Naaru has been added to the game.