Gift of the Wild
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
|Gift of the Wild|
Gift of the Wild is the group version of the druid buff spell . It affects all party or raid members of level 40 or higher. In addition to affecting the entire party or raid, it also lasts for a full hour, instead of 30 min. Aside from the mana cost, duration and number of targets affected, the spell is identical to Gift of the Wild and all talents and glyphs that improve one spell also improve the other.
In Patch 4.0.1, this ability was removed, and affects all characters in the player's raid group.
- Aside from duration and targeting, the spell is identical to . See that spell's page for information about the effects of the buff.
- cost 7, costs 10, costs 15 and costs 50 (excluding faction discounts).
- , a charged consumable item crafted by leatherworkers, can be used by any class to buff all party and raid members with a version of Gift of the Wild identical to druids' untalented rank 4 Gift of the Wild.
- As the spell automatically buffs the druid and his group, Gift of the Wild cannot be used to buff players who you are not grouped with.
- Party buffs follow these rules when cast:
- The spell target must be friendly, in line of sight, and in range of the caster.
- If the target is flagged PvP, the caster becomes flagged.
- The target gains the buff.
- Group buff splash - With some exceptions†, all characters in the target's party, including pets, that are within 100 yards of him also gain the buff. This effect is not limited by line of sight. As a result, the caster can buff people at triple the spell range.
† Characters will be excluded from the group buff splash if they are lower than the spell's trained level, or are flagged PvP when the caster is not.
Exclusion by PvP status disrupts raid preparation; typically, the raid will wait for flags to expire, or order the buffing classes to become flagged themselves.
Tips and Tactics
- The reagents for this spell are fairly cheap, so it is better to have this cast than if you're not playing solo.
- For raids, make sure that you bring at least one full stack of reagents, as you will likely have to recast GotW many times over the course of the raid.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This ability no longer exists, having been replaced by the new mechanics in .
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Can now be cast while in Moonkin form.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Gift of the Wild, ranks 3 and 4, are now available on trainers.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Gift of the Wild, ranks 1 and 2, are now available on trainers.
- Gift of the Wild: Rank 3 of this ability now has the same range as ranks 1 and 2.
- Now has a new, unique icon. Undocumented.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): This spell is now cast on the target's party.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.