Gilneas City (Emerald Dream)
|End boss||Essence of Rage|
- 1 Background
- 2 Geography
- 3 Scenario denizens
- 4 Stage guide
- 5 Patch changes
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Wanting to learn more about her people, Tess Greymane went on a spiritual journey which eventually led her into the Emerald Dream version of Gilneas City. Now taking the form of a worgen, she hoped to gain a new understanding of their plight.
Stage 1: A Gilnean's Dream
- Wake Tess
- <Tess Greymane is dead asleep>
- Gently share her awake.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Just one more minute, father...
- Forcefully shake her awake.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Enough! I'm awake! I'm... a worgen?
- Give her a good wake up slap.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Wha--! Stay back!
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Do that again, and I swear I... I... am a worgen?
- Princess Tess Greymane says: This is... Gilneas... The day the wall fell...
- Princess Tess Greymane says: If only I had this strength back then... I could have saved Liam! Is that what Goldrinn means to show me?
Stage 2: The Start of a Dream
- Fight back the Forsaken assault on Gilneas.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Come, champion! Let us tear these Forsaken apart!
Stage 3: Leader of the Pack
- Kill Dark Ranger Thyala.
- Dark Ranger Thyala says: All forces, fall back! Protect the Dark Lady!
Stage 4: A Blight Upon the Land
- Track down Nathanos Blightcaller.
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: What's this? A princess playing the part of assassin? How quaint.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: Blightcaller! Track his scent, champion! His stench should be easy to follow!
- Princess Tess Greymane says: How I've longed to bring him to justice... He will know my rage!
- Cast Track Nathanos
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Rushing into a trap like a rabid animal. You're hardly worth the effort.
- Princess Tess Greymane says: After him! Now!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Run away, little girl. Run away.
- Princess Tess Greyman says: I'll kill you, Nathanos! I'll rip out your throat!
Finding Nathanos Twice
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Pathetic. I see why Gilneas fell so easily.
Stage 5: The Fury of the Wild
- Kill Nathanos
- Princess Tess Greyman says: Nathanos! Coward! You cannot run from me!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Enough of this game. I will show you how a true hunter kills its prey.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: You howl like a wolf, but fight like a common dog.
Stage 6: Chasing Nightmares
- Tess has taken off running towards the town square. After her!
- Princess Tess Greyman says: This... this power! I can do anything! I can save Liam! I can save Gilneas!
- Vassandra Stormcrow says: Hurry! After her! She is losing control!
- Princess Tess Greyman yells: And I can slaughter anyone in my way!
Catching up with Tess
- Genn Greymane yells: Block their retreat, Liam! We've got them right where we want them!
- Tess Greymane yells: Father! Out of my way!
- Genn Greymane yells: SYLVANAS!!
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Enough!
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Let's see how brave Gilneas gets on without its stubborn leader!
- Liam Greymane yells: FATHER!!!
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Such a waste. That arrow's poison was not meant to be wasted on your whelp. We'll meet again, Greymane.
- Genn Greymane yells: LIAM!! NO!!!
- Tess Greymane yells: More! I need more! The enemies of Gilneas will drown in their own blood!
- Tess Greymane yells: I will slay them all!
Final Stage: Judged by Moonlight
- Defeat the Essence of Rage.
- Tess Greymane says: All this strength, all this fury... it won't bring him back. It won't bring anyone back.
- Tess Greymane says: But the feral bloodlust turned me into a rabid beast. I nearly lost myself to the rage.
- Tess Greymane says: I see now. My people are not defined by this curse. They have held on to who they are in spite of it.
- Essence of Rage defeated.
- Tess Greymane yells: Enough! Goldrinn! I have gained the wisdom I seek! Remove the rage which clouds my mind!
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.