- This article is about general information on gladiators. For the Maldraxxi race, see Maldraxxus gladiator. For the alternate Nagrand NPCs, see Gladiator (Nagrand). For the title, see . For the achievement, see .
During the early decades of the Age of Order, a sly ogre chieftain decreed that disputes in his clan would be settled via proxy in one-on-one combat between gladiator slaves. The mortality rate amongst the ogres plummeted, leading to a golden age of expansion.
Two most iconic characters of Azeroth were gladiators during their enslavement, Thrall and Varian Wrynn. Kargath Bladefist is a famous gladiator of Highmaul Coliseum who led a revolt against the ogres from the Gorian Empire and formed the Shattered Hand clan from former orc gladiator champions.
Gladiators in WoW
- Qiraji Gladiator - Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
- Blackrock Gladiator - Redridge Mountains
- Ethereum Gladiator - Netherstorm
- Shattered Hand Gladiator - The Shattered Halls
In the RPG
A gladiator has devoted himself to the mastery of close combat. This single-minded devotion to weaponry and fighting styles makes him much feared by his enemies who cross him, and close allies to those who manage to befriend him. A gladiator prides himself on having equal proficiency over every weapon imaginable. Most also strive to become peerless experts in a weapon of their choice. This chosen weapon weaves and sings in the gladiator's hand, carving a swath through all foes.
Most gladiators come from the ranks of fighters, warriors, or barbarians, who find the discipline and rigors of training a welcome challenge to master. Other classes require much more work to become a true gladiator.
- In Warlords of Draenor, there was supposed be a group called "The Unchained Gladiators" that was cut. It consisted of Gaur Icehorn, Griswold Hanniston, Kuhl Sparkfury and Angus Stouthammer.