|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Two most iconic characters of Azeroth were gladiators during their enslavement, Thrall and Varian Wrynn. Kargath Bladefist is a famous gladiator of Highmaul Coliseum who led a revolt against the ogres from the Gorian Empire and formed the Shattered Hand clan from former orc gladiator champions.
Gladiators in WoW
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
- Qiraji Gladiator - Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
- Blackrock Gladiator - Redridge Mountains
- Ethereum Gladiator - Netherstorm
- Shattered Hand Gladiator - The Shattered Halls
In the RPG
A gladiator has devoted himself to the mastery of close combat. This single-minded devotion to weaponry and fighting styles makes him much feared by his enemies who cross him, and close allies to those who manage to befriend him. A gladiator prides himself on having equal proficiency over every weapon imaginable. Most also strive to become peerless experts in a weapon of their choice. This chosen weapon weaves and sings in the gladiator's hand, carving a swath through all foes.
Most gladiators come from the ranks of fighters, warriors, or barbarians, who find the discipline and rigors of training a welcome challenge to master. Other classes require much more work to become a true gladiator.
- In Warlords of Draenor, there was supposed be a group called "The Unchained Gladiators" that was cut. It consisted of Gaur Icehorn, Griswold Hanniston, Kuhl Sparkfury and Angus Stouthammer.