||This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- You might want to work with the other users of Wowpedia in expanding it.
- Reason: More info from WoW
||This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
- This may include editing to correct spelling and grammar, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and wikifying.
- For the Warcraft III unit, see Glaive Thrower (Warcraft III).
Glaive throwers (or glaivethrower and throwers) are ballista type siege weapons that throw glaives (a three bladed disk) at enemy forces. Generally used by members of the various elven races, they have been handy at fighting enemy forces of the night elves, blood elves, and even Alliance.
Glaive thrower (blood elves)
The blood elf glaive thrower helped them try to stop Arthas as he was trying to activate the Icecrown obelisks to free the Lich King from the Frozen Throne in Warcraft III. It is a siege weapon unit that has a long range, built in the blood elven barracks. The blood elves glaive throwers are an upgrade to the high elven ballista.
Glaive thrower (night elves)
Night elves upgraded their ballistae into glaive throwers as well. They continue to use them to this day.
Glaive throwers in World of Warcraft
- Main article: Glaive Thrower (Isle of Conquest)
Glaive throwers and their ammo are scattered all over the World of Warcraft. They are often found in Kalimdor and can be seen in such places as Ashenvale and Silithus.
They are usable on the Isle of Conquest as of Patch 3.2.