- This article is about the dungeon instance. For the city lore and the gnomish starting zone, see Gnomeregan. For other uses, see Gnomeregan (disambiguation).
|Gnome, Gnomer, GR|
|Gnomeregan loading graphic|
Northwestern Dun Morogh
Gnomeregan [noʊmɹəˈgɑːn] is the former capital city of the gnomes and a mid-level dungeon. Gnomeregan is unique in that it contains an Alliance-friendly NPC section inside the dungeon itself, including vendors, guards, some new quests, and even a mailbox. Gnomeregan is also unique in that it has a very technological, albeit comical, theme. Also notable is the rare staff which drops from an early mini-boss, . The staff allows permanent water breathing, and is used even by very high-level characters for this. The staff is thus situationally useful to all classes that can equip staves.
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|(Lead-in quest)||Refuge Pointe, Arathi Highlands|
|(Lead-in quest)||Fort Livingston, Northern Stranglethorn|
|Hall of Gears, Gnomeregan|
|Launch Bay, Gnomeregan|
|Quest:The Sparklematic 5200!||The Clean Zone, Gnomeregan|
|The Clean Zone, Gnomeregan|
|, dropped by||The Clean Zone, Gnomeregan|
|The Clean Zone, Gnomeregan|
- Dark Iron dwarves
- Crowd pummelers
- Leper gnomes
- Water elementals
The following bosses will be present in Gnomeregan:
- Main article: Gnomeregan loot
Engineers will likely be interested in this instance as the large number of mechanicals means there is a chance of getting the needed to make . They also drop a number of schematics, even a few of the rarer ones.
- See also: Gnomeregan NPCs, Removed Gnomeregan quests
- Also known as GR, Gnome, and Gnomer. Pronounced Gnome-ruh-gahn.
- Despite many allusions to it, there are no repair facilities available to players here.
- In the Clean Room, Sparklematic 5200s for random junk, and sometimes green necklaces or rings. Since the area is filled with Alliance-friendly NPCs, Horde players will have to fight their way in. Alliance players can rest safely here; you can empty your bags at the merchant, and use the mailbox. Also, if you are Alliance, you can draw nearby mobs in, and, if you take damage, the Holdout Medics will buff you with Fortitude, and may even heal you with Renew. can be washed in the
- Throughout the instance, there are Matrix Punchograph 3005 machines that will give you a list of binary numbers. The messages that are translated from these machines include "Short and sweet" and "Down with the horde!"
- Beware of roaming Mobile Alert Systems; if not destroyed quickly, they summon mobs that drop nothing.
- The Arcane Nullifier X-21s buff themselves and others with a shield that reflects magic back to the caster. Watch for it, and suspend casting until it disappears.
- The Dark Iron Agents near the end are some of the deadliest NPCs in Gnomeregan. When they drop land mines, attack these immediately! They have only 200 hp, but they inflict over 400 damage on everyone nearby. Assign someone to destroy them and make a macro to target them.
- There is a back door into Gnomeregan that is locked with a level-150 lock. Before Patch 4.0.3 it could be opened with the ( , dropped by the ).
- This dungeon was rarely run by Horde groups (prior to the LFG tool), and some of the dropped items are coveted by level-29 twinks, which makes some of the BoE drops as well as the very lucrative on the Auction House.
- When Emi Shortfuse tells you she's going to blow up the side tunnels she opened, get out of those side tunnels — if you are in one of those side tunnels, you will get crushed or trapped by the falling rocks, and your corpse may be too far away behind the rocks for the healer to resurrect. Likewise, if you want to loot all the troggs, pull them out of the tunnel before killing them; Emi will detonate before looting can be completed, so anyone looting bodies in the tunnel will either be trapped or killed.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented, previous instance level: 26 - 29.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Added a third Sparklematic 5200 to Gnomeregan, and fixed the issue that had both previous ones animating at the same time.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Opened and itemized as a level 24-33 dungeon.