Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Gnomish Mind Control Cap
- Gnomish Mind Control Cap
- Item Level
- Binds when equipped
- 10 Armor
- +14 Versatility
- Use: Engage in mental combat with a humanoid target to try and control their mind. If all works well, you will control the mind of the target for 30 sec ..... Increased chance of failure when used against targets over level 60. (30 Min Cooldown)
- Durability 70 / 70
- Requires Engineering (215)
- Sell Price: 96 42
The Gnomish Mind Control Cap can allow an engineer to an enemy. When triggered, it turns target humanoid or player into a combat pet. This pet will fight on your behalf for 20 seconds, or until dispelled. As a combat pet, you get the standard pet control bars with which to control it.
There are a few limitations on this item. If, as a hunter or warlock, you already have a pet summoned, you will get the message "you already have a creature summoned." It also cannot be used if the target is in combat, thus requiring that it be triggered before combat.
The cap may be used by engineers with a skill of 215 or higher. Gnome Engineering specialization is apparently not required to use this item.
This item is crafted with Engineering (235) specialized in Gnomish Engineering; taught by trainers.
- The effect is not same as Priests , which gives you complete power over the foe's actions.
- Engineers can also tinker to their belt.
- Fails with no effect, but cooldown is trigged.
- User becomes mind controlled by target. However, if the Gnomish Mind Control Cap is used while in a shapeshift form (such as cat form), this effect does not trigger.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): The Gnomish Mind Control Cap may now only be used on targets that are not in combat.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Is now subject to diminishing returns in the Charm category.