Gnomish Shrink Ray
This item is crafted with Gnome Engineering (205); taught by trainers.
- Make the user bigger (attack power +250)
- Make the user smaller (attack power -250)
- Make the target bigger (same effect as above)
- Make the user's entire party bigger
- Make the user's entire party smaller
- Make every attacking enemy bigger
- Make every attacking enemy smaller
- Give shield-wielding enemies "Improved Blocking" for 30 seconds (this shows no visible effect other than target is hit by the ray)
This item can affect a majority, if not *all* of the mobs in the game, even bosses once. It can be entertaining to see miniature raid bosses running around, but be careful, as you can grow them as well!
Gnomes are small creatures, and as such they have to look up at members of most other races - even the dwarves with whom they now share the tunnels of Ironforge. Most gnomes can't help but be intimidated when facing a much larger human, orc, or worst of all tauren in hand-to-hand combat. The gnomish shrink ray is the result of years of searching for a way to bring such opponents down to their size. The device looks like a series of concentric plates mounted around a central tip, surrounded by coiled truesilver wires. At the device's core is a chaos generator, which projects a specialized beam through the tip when the trigger is pulled. A gnomish shrink ray is operated like a gun, but has no ammunition and projects a lightning-like ray.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Bosses are now immune to effects of the Gnomish Shrink Ray.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): No longer requires .