Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Gnomish Universal Remote
Gnomish Universal Remote has a chance to allow the user to control a mechanical mob for 60 seconds. If it fails it either stuns the target for a short amount of time or causes a high amount of threat. It is similar to , although it's limited to Mechanical Targets.
This small bronze contraption bears numerous knobs, dials, pointers, winding thinkings and whirring gizmos. A competent user can take control of constructs, both mechanical and magical, from a distance - if he's lucky. Even the gnomes aren't sure why this collection of bronze, oils, and semiprecious stones works. Gnomish engineering at its finest.
This item is created with Engineering (125); taught by .
- Despite the name, Gnomish Engineering specialization is not required to make or use this item.
- Extremely useful in Gnomeregan and when facing other Mechanical monsters.
- At one time it was possible to control Fel Reavers in Hellfire Peninsula and other 25-man raid content, but this has since been nerfed. Not very useful for the end-game content.
- Hunters must dismiss their pet before using this if you want to actually control the mob. Otherwise, you get 'You already control a summoned pet' and it attacks.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2007-02-20): "Mechanical bosses are now immune to the Gnomish Universal Remote."
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.