- For lore about goblin zeppelins, see Zeppelin.
The mechanical Goblin Zeppelin is the only flying transport vehicle in Warcraft III. It is necessary for those commanders who need to move their armies across otherwise impassable oceans and mountains. Goblin Sappers cannot be loaded into Goblin Zeppelins.
Goblin Zeppelins can carry up to 8 units. Siege Units count as 2 units so a Goblin Zeppelin can only carry 4 Siege Units.
Units inside a Goblin Zeppelin will survive when it dies, but will be "dizzy" for a duration of time which causes them to have slowed attack and movement speed. Units killed will "spill out" over a wide area. This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill the passengers. If a Goblin Zeppelin is killed above water or an area where units cannot easily unload, the Goblin Zeppelin will die with everyone inside.
Spells and abilities
- Loads a targeted friendly land unit.
- Unloads all carried units at a target location.
|Patch 1.10 (07/01/2003)
- Units killed in a transport will "spill out" over a wider area. This means
- that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill
- the passengers.
- Hit points increased to 575 from 500.
|Patch 1.15 (05/11/2004)
- Stock Start Delay increased to 440 from 220.
- The voice effects for the Goblin Zeppelins were done by Monte Krol.