Gods and Monsters (quest)
Titans and mogu
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
|Reputation||+2850 The Lorewalkers|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
Bring the Gods and Monsters to Lorewalker Cho.
Thank you for your diligence!
Your research is most distressing. But it sheds light on a truth we have long sought: "Where did the mogu come from? And why were they such tyrants?"
We will add this knowledge to your collection. If you wish me to narrate this for you, simply point at the correct volume in your Private Collection.
- 236000 XP
- +2850 reputation with The Lorewalkers
Upon completion of the Pandaria exploration achievement, Lorewalker Cho sends a letter via the in-game mail system. The letter has an item attached that starts this quest. see the achievement for more details.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Fathers and sons. Mothers and daughters. As parents, we pass our legacy to our children.
- Cho walks over to an image of Varian and Anduin Wrynn.
- Lorewalker Cho says: What values do we choose to instill in our progeny?
- He walks past an image of Deathwing in human form and Wrathion.
- Lorewalker Cho says: What will our children learn from our mistakes?
- He walks past Thrall, Aggra, a baby orc in a cradle, and a banner of the Frostwolf clan.
- Lorewalker Cho says: What sort of world will we create and leave behind for our daughters and sons?
- The previous images fade as Cho walks past Terenas Menethil II and Arthas Menethil, as Arthas gains in stages the armor of the Lich King and the Helm of Domination.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Parents place their children on a path, but they do not always know where the road will take them.
- Shadows of titans, one female, one with a hammer, and a tall unarmed one, appear along the back wall.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The mogu were children as well. Children of the titans. They were once a legion of stone, heartless and obedient.
- Pre-Curse of Flesh mogu appear and start fighting off mantid.
- Lorewalker Cho says: By the titans' command, they fought the terrible servants of the old gods. They shaped the mountains and carved the rivers of the land.
- Golden trees appear on either side.
- Lorewalker Cho says: And they created a magical cradle of life in a hidden valley that we now call the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- The shadows of the titans disappear as the mogu grow smaller and weaker.
- Lorewalker Cho says: But eventually the titans fell silent. And their creations were cursed with flesh.
- Lei Shen appears.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The mogu grew restless. Many generations later, when the Thunder King united them, they seized upon their legacy!
- Quilen and terracotta warriors appear on the left side, as several classes of saurok appear behind Cho.
- Lorewalker Cho says: I truly believe now that the mogu thought they were doing the work of the titans. They fought against the mantid and used the powers of the Vale to create new life.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Ah, but such terrible works!
- Lorewalker Cho says: Parents cannot always be assured of the legacy they will leave behind.
- Lorewalker Cho says: How especially true this is, when the parents are gods. And their children - monsters.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-16): "The item Gods and Monsters has been restored to its proper function, and will now be sent to players who complete the Gods and Monsters Achievement, allowing them to start the quest “Gods and Monsters”."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.