91 (Requires 90)
+250 Council of Exarchs
If you lose your disguise, use Sylene's Amulet of Illusion to regain an orc appearance.
- Obtain orc disguise from Sylene
- Explosives planted at supply hut
- Explosives planted at main lodge
- Explosives planted at the chieftain's seat
- Explosives planted at the training pit
Their work is extremely dangerous, so I need you to carry out a contingency mission.
Sylene has mastered an illusion spell which will allow you to infiltrate Shaz'gul safely. Speak to her to disguise yourself.
Then, plant explosives at the quartermaster's depot, the main lodge, and the ritual altar.
In case anything goes wrong, set them off to create a distraction.
Shaz'gul is well guarded, so finding the prisoners is a challenge. Be careful.
- The illusion should hold until your work is done.
- Magic is fickle, however!
- Take my Amulet of Illusion. If you lose your orc appearance while at Shaz'gul, simply use the amulet.
- Be careful of the wolves that patrol Shaz'gul. Unlike eyes, their noses will not be fooled.
I need a Shadowmoon orc illusion.
Reach Yrel after planting all the explosives:
- Commander Vorka says: Your security is lax, Chieftain. I caught these Rangari spies within your gates.
- Ner'zhul says: They are too late. The prisoners are already on their way to Anguish Fortress.
- Ner'zhul says: Their blood will summon forth the Dark Star, and make me as a God among the Iron Horde!
- Vorka kills the two Rangari.
- Commander Vorka says: The Warchief honors deeds, not words, shadowcaster.
- Vorka walks away.
- Commander Vorka says: Just be ready when our ships arrive at Karabor.
You made it, <name>! Boy, am I glad to see you.
- 17300 XP
- +250 Council of Exarchs
Once done with the side quest, find Sylene just to the northeast.
Head west into Shaz'gul and look for the buildings marked on the minimap. Steer clear of the void wolves! Talk to all of the now-friendly orcs, as nearly all of them have some interesting gossip text.
In the Supply Hut, loot the Iron Horde Tribute for the and 10-20x . Plant the bomb on the left side of the room near some crates. Head south to the main lodge and plant the bombs on the right stairs (from the perspective of the front door). Head east to the chieftain's seat and plant the bombs behind the big rock. Head south to the training pit and place the bomb behind the pike rack.
Finally, head west-northwest past the pond to find Yrel hiding in a bush.
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.