- "The Golden Lotus" redirects here. For the achievement, see . For the herb and alchemy ingredient, see .
|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
Epic item level 489 rings/shoulders
The Golden Lotus are a mysterious society of pandaren who are guardians of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Members of the Golden Lotus are handpicked by the August Celestials to help them keep an eye on the vale, and the pandaren see it as a huge honor to be chosen as a member of the sacred order. The Golden Lotus have recently noticed mogu trespassers sneaking into the Vale and have called upon the Shado-Pan and adventurers from the Horde and Alliance to help solve the mystery of their resurgence.
Mists of Pandaria
|This section is a lore stub.|
The Golden Lotus learned that a child within the Vale was destined to join their order and thus decided to test several pandaren children at the Shrine, but were unable to locate the destined one. Chi-Ji then appeared and found his way to Dezco's sons, announcing that one of them was destined to serve the vale. Mokimo the Strong, Weng the Merciful and Rook Stonetoe intercepted Dezco as he was trying to leave the Vale, protecting him until he had left. However the group was ambushed by the Shao-Tien mogu, and in the end only one of Dezco's two sons survived. While Dezco was free to leave for Mulgore, he decided to give Redhorn to Mokimo in order for him to serve the Vale and the Golden Lotus.
Siege of Orgrimmar
Following the Sha corruption of Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Golden Pagoda as well as the Mogu'shan Palace exterior has been destroyed. This marks the end of the Golden Lotus daily quests as previously known. All non-achievement related daily quests have been removed, and those remaining have been relocated to Setting Sun Garrison. The NPCs for are now rare spawns located in various uncorrupted parts of the Vale, and Jaluu the Generous can be found at each faction's Shrine. While most achievements remain complete-able, is now a Feat of Strength. While it will be possible to gain Golden Lotus reputation, it won't be the same.
Battle for Azeroth
This mysterious society of Pandaren intend to solve the Mogu problem once and for all.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Main article: Vale of Eternal Blossoms storyline
The Golden Lotus storyline played out in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, generally in the form of daily quests with a few one-off quests at each reputation level. See the Vale of Eternal Blossoms storyline article for more information.
- The order chooses its members at a young age, as directed by the August Celestials themselves. Normally the celestials tell the order exactly whom to look for, although in recent times their messages have become muddled, requiring the order to resort to other means of finding members.
- While the Golden Lotus is primarily a pandaren organization, it includes members of other races, such as the jinyu and hozen. More recently, members of non-Pandarian races such as tauren have also been welcomed into the order, and human and tauren adults have been seen among the ranks of the Golden Lotus Defenders. However, since the order always chooses its members when they are children, these adult defenders may merely be temporary or honorific members of the order.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Shado-Pan and The August Celestials daily quests no longer have a faction prerequisite to be Revered with the Golden Lotus.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "The reputation requirement to purchase Valor Point rings has been reduced from Revered to Honored."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- ^ Li Li's Travel Journal Part 9
- ^ a b Bleeding Sun
- ^ Updated Garrosh Model, 5.4 World Changes, Jun 10 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, GW2 Shoutcasts. MMO-Champion (2013-06-13). Retrieved on 2013-06-13.
- ^ Nethaera 2013-06-13. Golden lotus daily quests. Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- ^ a b c Bleeding Sun, page 3
- ^ Bleeding Sun, page 2