This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Following the Cataclysm he appears to have taken Nek'rosh Skullcrusher's position as leader. He uses several blood magic abilities when attacked by the Alliance adventurers sent by Prospector Whelgar.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
When a Horde player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Gorfax can be found in the Undercity alongside other notable leaders of the Horde. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner that congratulates the character for their battles against the Alliance, following their receiving of the from the Warchief, as well as an artifact appearance.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Bloodbath — Cause bloody carnage for 3 sec.
- Bloodlust — Increases an ally's attack speed by 30% for 6 sec.
- Bloody Strike — An instant attack that deals 110% weapon damage. Increases attack damage by 5%, but reduces chance to hit by 5%. Lasts 15 sec.
- An unused datamining may suggest that he was planned to appear during the scrapped Legion Invasions of the Wetlands.
- His presence during the prestige ceremony might indicate that he is the leader of the Dragonmaw Clan, given that he was the "Chief of the Angerfang Dragonmaw" prior to his inclusion in Undercity.
- Despite being slain during the quest , Gorfax appears in the Undercity. It is entirely possible that, rather than the quest being non-canon, Gorfax simply survived the attempt on his life, as he would not be the first Horde leader to have appeared dead only to survive.
- Since he was described as a chief in Cataclysm, there may have been a splinter in the Dragonmaw at some point as he was alive at the same time as Mor'ghor, who had claimed dominion over the Dragonmaw during his initial appearance. It is worth a note that Mor'ghor's title was Warchief, meaning that Gorfax could still be a subordinate.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added when a Horde player reaches Prestige Rank 2.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
Chieftain of the Dragonmaw clan (Azeroth)