Gorgrom the Dragon-Eater (quest)
68 (Requires 65)
Go to Boulder'mok and collect 3 Grisly Totems from the Boulder'mok ogres. Use Sablemane's Trap at Gorgrom's Altar to summon and kill Gorgrom the Dragon-Eater. When Gorgrom is dead, place the 3 Grisly Totems near his corpse, then return to Commander Haephus Stonewall at Evergrove in the Blade's Edge Mountains.
We must show the ogres that we are not to be trifled with. We must send a message. Travel to Boulder'mok and kill the ogres there. Make sure you keep their heads. Then go to Gorgrom's altar and place the trap there for him. Gorgrom will appear, and you must lure him into the trap. When he is dead, mount your grisly totems near his corpse, so that the ogres may look at their fallen master and their fallen brothers, and know the price for seeking to destroy us.
Has the message been delivered?
Well done, <name>. Well done! I suspect we will hear little more from the ogres and their master.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 14950 XP (or 8 97 at level 70)
68 (Requires 65)
Gorgrom the Dragon-Eater sends the player to kill one of the son's of Gruul!
The gronn we seek is Gorgrom the Dragon-Eater. With Sablemane's trap, you will make short work of the gronn. You will find him accepting sacrifices from the ogres of Boulder'mok.
Follow the road north from the Circle of Blood, then west at Ruuan Weald. Go northwest through the tunnel.
First, kill the ogres for their heads. We will send a message. Set the trap at his altar. When he is dead, plant the grisly totems near him - none can mistake that message.
Take the bear.
- Boulder'Mok is in the northwest corner of Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Kill any of the ogres nearby to get the Grisly Totems. Once you have 3, use the trap near the altar in the center of the village. Rexxar's bear, Misha, will appear. Gorgrom will appear and approach the altar, but then will die in an explosion. You don't have to attack him. Once he is dead, just plant the totems to complete the quest.
- If an Alliance player is around when you set the trap, Misha might aggro on them.
- Sometimes this quest takes a long time to reset, even after Gorgrom's corpse has despawned. If you can't summon Gorgrom with the trap, you might just try planting the totems to see if you get credit.
The Bloodmaul ogres will trouble us no longer when this task is done.
The ogres of Bloodmaul and their master, Gorgrom, will trouble the Mok'Nathal no longer.
However, I worry about the effect our actions will have on the other gronn. I believe we must end this fight once and for all.