Gorribal the Dark Seether is a sword that was forged from one of the two Shatterbound fragments of Gorshalach. Wielded by Sargeras, this weapon embodies the darkness that exists in all beings, even noble ones. If this weapon is ever combined with the other fragment, which has been reforged into Taeshalach, then Gorshalach will be reborn, although this can only be done by a non-evil being.
- Sargeras's weapon described in The Sundering might have been Gorribal given the fact it was a broken blade upon which he impaled Broxigar with the jagged tip.
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 established that, rather than the RPG's origins, Sargeras and Aggramar's weapons were always different, separate blades. They then both shattered in a duel when Sargeras betrayed the Pantheon. However, since Aggramar's sword is still named Taeshalach in canon, the name Gorribal may still be canon too. The name Gorshalach may now also possibly refer to Sargeras' broken sword, or his original sword seen on the right of this page.
- The Sword of Sargeras might be Gorribal.
Presumably Gorribal in the Warcraft Saga.
Presumably Gorribal in Chronicle Volume 1.
Patch 7.3.0 key art featuring the sword.
The sword in the Antorus ending cinematic.
The same sword plunged into Silithus. Unlike in the key art or previous depictions, it does not have an eye in its hilt, but an orb of energy instead.
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 173
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 323
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 307: "Then, the titan raised one arm and in it Brox beheld a long, wicked sword the upper half of whose blade had been broken off. What remained was jagged and still very capable of slaying"
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ Aggramar adventure guide