Gorribal the Dark Seether is a sword that was forged from one of the two Shatterbound fragments of Gorshalach. Wielded by Sargeras, this weapon embodies the darkness that exists in all beings, even noble ones. If this weapon is ever combined with the other fragment, which has been reforged into Taeshalach, then Gorshalach will be reborn, although this can only be done by a non-evil being.
- The Sword of Sargeras is likely Gorribal.
- Sargeras's weapon described in The Sundering might have been Gorribal since it was described as a broken blade upon which he impaled Broxigar with the jagged tip.
- Chronicle Volume 1 established that, rather than the RPG's origins, Sargeras and Aggramar's weapons were always different, separate blades. Both swords shattered in a duel when Sargeras betrayed the Pantheon. However, since Aggramar's sword is still named "Taeshalach" in canon, the names "Gorribal" and "Gorshalach" may still be canon as well, respectively referring to Sargeras' broken sword and his original sword. There is a trinket called Gorshalach's Legacy.
Presumably Gorribal in the Warcraft Saga.
Presumably Gorribal in Chronicle Volume 1.
Patch 7.3.0 key art featuring the sword.
The sword in the Antorus ending cinematic.
The same sword plunged into Silithus. Unlike in the key art or previous depictions, it does not have an eye in its hilt, but an orb of energy instead.
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 173
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 307, 323: "Then, the titan raised one arm and in it Brox beheld a long, wicked sword the upper half of whose blade had been broken off. What remained was jagged and still very capable of slaying"
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ Aggramar (tactics)#Adventure Guide